Prologue

ONE YEAR AGO
Northamptonshire, UK

"Why am I included in the blacklist? What did I do? Why does your dad hate me so much?" Anita asked exasperated after her bestfriend Victoria told her that her father, evil-billionaire Stavros Latsis, has forbidden Victoria to be in touch with Anita.

After three years of being estranged with her family, Victoria made the decision to reach out after her relationship with Carlos Sainz was revealed in the press.  Her father was never happy with her choices, including being friends with Lady Anita Nelson. For billionaire Stavros Latsis,  Anita has something to do on why Victoria stayed incognito in Northamptonshire and now he thinks she has a role to play in Victoria's relationship with a Formula 1 driver.

"I'm sorry,  Anita." Victoria covers her mouth with her hands trying to muffle her cry "I needed to do this to make it right with my family. I needed to get back into that world to fight for my future with Carlos" Victoria reasons

"If he doesn't want you to be with Carlos, then what do I have to do with that  Vic? What do I have to do with it? And Lily? Can I see her?" Anita asked Victoria even if she knew the answer

"If he doesn't want you to be with Carlos, then what do I have to do with that Vic? What do I have to do with it? And Lily? Can I see her?" Anita asked Victoria even if she knew the answer.

"I'm sorry..." Victoria told her in tears

"Quit saying your sorry, Vic. It won't make this better" Anita wipes her tears "We've been through so much together...how can you let this happen? God, I hate your father"

They have been best friends since they were five.  They were often called Betty and Veronica by their teachers. Anita being the blonde with blue eyes while Victoria is the brunette with hazel eyes. They have been inseparable since.  Victoria even deferred a term before Uni to be with Anita after her accident.  At that time, Victoria's father was furious but he still had a heart so he didn't really oppose Victoria's decision to stay with Anita until she recovers.

"Vic, how can you let this happen?"

"I'm sorry. I promise I'll fix this"

"With Carlos, I could understand that your father will do everything to keep him away from you. But me? We've been friends since we were 5. " she expressed her frustration and pain.

Suddenly there were like two fifth graders again who are arguing at the school playground. Anita looked at Victoria with tears in her eyes and her hands clenched into tight fists on her sides. Deep inside, she is in a state of panic because she doesn't know what she will do without Victoria. In a way they have been each other's security blanket.

"Fine, why do we have to wait next month before we stop talking to each other? Why don't we start today, Vic? If you will let your father blackmail you into this then just go" she grabs Victoria's hand and leads her out the door.

"Anita, please. You're upset and emotional" Victoria pleads her bestfriend

"Just leave." She whispers as she watched Victoria leave her flat crying.

"It won't be long, I'll fix this. I'm sorry." were the last words Victoria told her before she went to Madrid to say goodbye to Carlos. Just like that, she lost her bestfriend.

She cried the whole night because she doesn't know how her life would be like without Victoria. Now, she's gone and she's alone to face her demons.

***
Charles Leclerc is considered as F1's most eligible bachelor since he broke up with his girlfriend of 3 years, Ceci, last year. Women have been throwing themselves at him in events and are sliding into his DMs on insta.

"So many women trying to get to you mate. You sure you don't want to keep up with this?" says his trainer Andrea while they were on the plane from Silverstone.

"Mate, you know my focus is really to win the championship this year. I can't fail." Charles said with determination evident in his voice. "Besides, after Ceci, I think I deserve a break at love"

Since he was signed by Ferrari in 2019, there was immense pressure on him to win the championship. Throughout his career, he always had put the pressure on himself to win. Confidence wise, he always had this problem of blaming himself first. He may have finished second in the championship last season but as the Ferrari boss said "second is the first among the losers" and it's not acceptable.

After breaking it off with Ceci, the goal was clear, he needs to keep his head down and win races. He wouldn't enter into another relationship until he becomes World Champion. Of course, he had a few hook ups here and there but nothing serious.

There are 23 races this year, he barely have time to rest. The summer and winter breaks are really for his family. He didnt have time for them the past two years with the races being so close to each other. This summer, they'll be in St. Tropez and in the winter, they'd go to the French Alps.