Chapter 16

It's been months since I've been home and I'm exhausted from my flight and the constant homework and exams. All I want to do is curl up in my bed and sleep for the week that I'm home. The whole week of peace and quiet sounds perfect right now. But I need to see Mason. I need to hold him and tell him that I love him because I haven't spoken to him in weeks. In fact, he doesn't even know I'm coming home.

                But suddenly everything changed.

                I parked my car right in front of Mason's apartment. The Hotel is now open for business and there was many people coming and going. I look over and to my surprise I see my family and friends along with Aly and her Andrew come out of the beautiful arched doors. Mason comes out last. Im so shocked that I can't move. I'm still standing across the street watching my family and friends make a path for Mason.

                He comes out last dressed in a tux with a dozen roses. He gets down on one knee and pulls out a ring.

                He yells because I'm weak at the knees and can't move. For the first time I'm not crying tears of pain, but tears of happiness.

                "Anna Waters, you are the love of my life and nothing would make me happier then you agreeing to spend the rest of your life with me."

                "Yes. Mason, Yes!" I scream and run across the road to meet him.

                "Anna, watch out!"

                I turn to my left and see a bus coming in my direction. Everything goes black.