XXVIV

Y/N

I've never felt like this before. 

So abandoned. 

So alone. 

It felt like someone had reached through my chest and wrenched my heart out, leaving me on the ground, gasping for breath. I stood still in my spot. After what seemed like ages, I turned back around to face Draco. 

"Y/N..." He said softly. 

I shook my head, unable to bring myself to speak right now. 

"Y/N." He repeated. 

"What, Draco?" I snapped. What did he have to say now. What could he possibly have to say right now. 

"Y/N, you need to come with me." Draco said. 

"No, you made yourself very clear. We're over." I gritted my teeth. 

"That doesn't matter-" He started. 

"It doesn't matter?" I repeated angrily. "It doesn't matter that I've been planning this meeting for weeks? I've left my family, I've left my friends, all in the hope that we would figure things out together." Slowly and slowly my voice got louder until the point I was yelling. "I ran away from my life for you!" I paused, my face hot from the anger, my heartbeat pounding. "I never should've done this." I whispered softly, more to myself. 

"No, it was good that you came because-" Draco wanted to say. 

"No." I stopped him. "I never should've done this." I pointed to the space between us. "I never should've been with you. I should've listened to everyone that told me how bad of an idea this was. My friends were right. Mattheo was right-"

"Y/N, we need to go. Now." Draco interrupted me. 

"Did you not hear anything I said? I'm not going anywhere with you." I spat. 

"You don't have a choice." Draco said, his voice hard as steel.

"What do you mean?" My eyes widened as I stepped back. 

"Y/N-" He reached an arm out to me and I stepped back further. 

"Please don't make me force you." His eyebrows furrowed. 

I paused, my breathing going still. I knew what was going to happen. I had to get out.

I had to find Mattheo.

I turned around on my heels and ran as fast as I could. 

"Y/N!" Draco shouted behind me and started to chase behind me. I tried to run faster. I wasn't going to let him catch me. I knew that if he got to me, he could easily apparate and take me wherever he wanted to. 

I took a turn and went into the little neighborhood that was nearby. I ran into one of the alleyways hoping I was hidden for some time. I wondered if I could knock on one of the doors and go inside. 

Wait.

I could just apparate. 

But where would I go?

I had nowhere to return to.

No home. 

No safety. 

I gulped back a sob. I had to concentrate on the task at hand. Once I found a safe place to hide, I could figure the rest out later. I took another turn and ran into someone. 

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." I started to apologize but still continued to run. 

"Wait, Y/N?" The voice said.