XVIII

-Y/N-

I was quietly pulled from my dreams as the morning hours awoke me. At first, I couldn't get my bearings. Where was I? I tried to shift my position but felt something heavy draped over my waist. I looked to see Draco peacefully asleep beside me.

The morning sun's rays lightly filtered through the room. It made his hair look slightly golden, giving his pale skin a warmer tone, and his whole features look angelic. I stayed there for a moment until I saw his eyes flutter open too.

"Morning." He mumbled in a rough voice, peering to look at me. I just smiled in response. "Sleep well?" He asked, shifting his position, and pulling me closer.

"Never better." I answered, laying my head on his chest. I could feel his heartbeat slowly and steadily beneath my head. His fingers trailed in my hair, softly tingling my scalp. I wish I could freeze this moment in a frame and stay like this. I'll put this day back on replay and keep reliving it. Because in this very moment... I realized something.

Truly, madly, deeply I was, foolishly completely fallen in love with him.

"You know we have to go down to breakfast soon. Or it'll be over, and our friends would be left worried." He said. I wanted to stay like this, perfectly entwined like branches on a tree, or twigs caught on a vine. But my stomach let out a small rumble in defiance.

"I am hungry." I replied, pulling myself away and sitting up. He got up as well and trudged over to his closet. I stepped out of his bed just as he was changing. I stole a few glances at him, trying to be respectful and look away.

"I'm...uh... going to go back to my dorm and change." I announced, standing next to the door. He paused the act of putting on a shirt. His sweatpants hung dangerously low, he walked over.

"Sure... just give me the clothes back when you're done." He agreed, reaching across from me and gripping the handle. He was so close now that our chests almost touched. I kept my eyes onto his gaze, not daring to look below and see his exposed skin.

"You can have the pants, but you're not getting the sweatshirt back." I said, my voice barely a whisper because of our close proximity.

"Then I'll just have to take it." He issued a warning that was laced with mischief.

Before I could respond, his lips crashed onto mine. My back met the door as his kiss deepened. I found my hands trail across his arms, feeling the toned muscle underneath, up to his hair. His hands slid to my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Oi, you're late for breakfast Malfoy!" A knock pounded the door which made both of us stop.

"Coming!" Draco responded angrily. "I'm gonna kill him." He sighed and shut his eyes, stepping away. I laughed a bit at his annoyed state.

"I'll see you at breakfast." I reached up and kissed his cheek, turning around and opening the door.

I closed the door behind me and started to walk down the steps. At the bottom, I saw Enzo looking at his watch.

"Malfoy-" He said looking up at me, but then stopped. "Oh, it's you."

"Good morning, Enzo." I said, stepping down the last step and making my way towards my own dorm.

"No wonder Malfoy was late." Enzo chuckled to himself.

I didn't respond and instead went up to my room. Once inside, I quickly changed into more decent clothes, keeping the sweatshirt on, but changing into more fitting pants. I combed my hair and freshened up. I had bathed merely hours ago so I didn't shower again.