XIV

-Y/N-

Draco immediately straightened himself and stepped back. I cleared my throat.

"Come in." I called out.

In came a servant holding out a tray. "I'm sorry Master Malfoy, I was told not to disturb you-"

"Damn right you weren't." Draco seethed. One moment I had seen him in such a softer light, but now his face held harsher shadows. "You'll be punished for this." Draco warned. The servant gulped, the tray he held now shivered in his unsteady hands.

"Draco." I reached out and barely touched his arm, but he didn't seem to notice.

"What is it?" Draco snapped at the servant.

"Your phone has been constantly ringing." The servant pointed to the tray. On it lay Draco's phone which was clearly buzzing.

"Bring it over." Draco grumbled.

The servant hobbled over and lowered himself for Draco to reach up and grab his cellphone.

"Yes?" Draco answered the phone in a sharp tone. Whoever answered back crumbled Draco's anger as his face dropped. "Yes... yes of course." He said in a milder tone. "Yes, I'll be there. Okay... yes..." He put the phone down.

"Who was it?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Y/N, but I really got to go now." Draco put the phone back on the tray. "But I'll see you at school." He leaned over and placed another kiss to my lips, letting out a soft smile right after. 

But then he was reminded of something, and as he got lost in his thoughts, his features darkened. He turned around and waded out of the pool. I watched him quickly wrap himself and leave with the servant.

I turned back into the water, my cheeks still blushing pink. I slowly brought my fingertips to my lips... moments before where Draco's lips were. The thought made me smile softly to myself.

I was interrupted with the golden egg bobbing up against me.

"Bloody golden useless balloon." I grumbled taking it in my hands again. I wondered whether I should try opening it once again... just for the sake of it.

"I'd try putting it in the water if I were you." A voice said.

For a moment I thought it was Draco, but when I turned back, I saw him.

The boy from last night.

I was frozen in the water. There was no sound echoing in the room except for the gentle water trickling around me.

There he stood in the same clothes as last night. The mask still covering his face. He was casually leaning against the wall. With no response from me, he pushed off the wall and walked forward.

I stepped back in the water, defending myself with the egg, though I knew it could do nothing.

"That egg can't protect you." He muttered as if reading my mind.

Out of my peripheral vision I could see my bathrobe on the chair, my wand tucked somewhere deep inside.

"You can't get to your wand in time." He read my mind again.

Panic filled my throat as I suddenly felt so vulnerable. I didn't have any protection on me, not even decent clothes. What if he had a knife. Or a bow and arrow. I'm sure he didn't even need a wand to kill me right now-

"Why do you think I'm going to kill you, princess?" His head cocked to one side.

"You can read my mind." I said, more as a statement than a question.