IX

I was on vacation and that's why I wasn't able to post in the last week. But now I'm back so let the story continue!

I was sitting in the library with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Though I never planned to be sitting amongst them, they had joined me on an empty table when they had arrived.

Harry and Ron were buried in books, Hermione was reading the Prophet. It had been two weeks since the first task. I had not talked to Draco ever since. It seemed Rita had also moved on. Now she was writing about others.

"Look at this!" Hermione exclaimed. "I can't believe it she's done it again." She brought the newspaper over towards me, reading out an excerpt. "Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey, sources report, is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow."

"She's got nerves." I shook my head. "She thinks you're with Harry?"

"No, she thinks I 'was' with Harry." Hermione folded the paper angrily. My eyes wandered towards the door to see a familiar face enter.

-Draco's Perspective-

I entered the library hoping to find her here. I looked around, my eyes scanning the area, until they landed on her. She was already looking at me. After our eyes locked, she immediately looked away, pretending to be busy in a conversation.

I took a deep breath and walked over to the table. Was I going to sit on the same table as a bunch of Gryffindors? For Y/n, yeah sure. I took a seat across from Y/N, nearer to the edge. The Golden trio spared me a glance but didn't say anything.

"Y/N." I whispered to get her attention. She ignored me.

Before I could say anything else, a young boy walked up to us, holding out a package. He was maybe in Year 1 or 2.

"Parcel for you Mr. Weasley." The boy handed Ron a brown package.

"Thank you, Nigel." Ron took the package from him. The boy turned to face Y/N, gazing expectantly. She looked at the boy and just smiled, unsure of what he wanted.

"Not now Nigel. Later. Go on." Ron told Nigel. He reluctantly ran off.

"What was that?" Y/N asked.

"I told him I'd get him Y/N's autograph." Ron explained. "You're his favorite Champion." Ron looked at Y/N.

Of course, she was his favorite Champion.

"Oh, look mum's sent me something." Ron opened the package and took out what looked like a piece of clothing. "Mum sent me a dress??" Indeed, that's what it looked like.

Y/N let out a laugh, joining in with Harry and Hermione. Even I tried to contain my smile. It was hilarious

"Well, it does match your eyes." Y/N took the empty package from him. "Is there a bonnet?"

"Ginny these must be for you." Ron looked over at the table next to ours. Ginny assessed the dress then scrunched her face.

"I'm not wearing that it's ghastly." She shook her head. Hermione let out a snort.

"What are you on about?" Ron gave Hermione a look of despise.

"They're not for Ginny they're for you! Dress robes." Hermione explained.

"Dress robes? for what?" Ron asked.

"The Yule Ball of course." I piped, forgetting I wasn't part of their group. Everyone grew silent and looked at me. I had forgotten I was the outsider here.