Chapter 1 - Daydreaming

I gazed out to the window blocking out Iruka-Sensei’s annoying voice.

“Akita, repeat what I just said…” Iruka shouted, knowing I was off in La, la land.

 “…Uh…” I trailed  and glanced down at my shirt where a slivering of a snake could be felt. I pressed my lips together in an attempt from laughing--I was very ticklish on my stomicah and Tempa just happened to be there. In the process of keeping her from crawling higher through my shirt, she hissed. Loudly. All eyes were turned on me. “Hehe…” Iruka looked at me suspiciously.

“Is that what I think it is…” He narrowed his eyes.

“…Uhh…no?" He didn't have to be a genius to know I was lying. I may have had a long history of bringing animals and other criters into the class... I mean, it wasn't my falut!

 Iruka-Sensei stared at me and opened his mouth to respond, but just then some Jounin ran into the class panting and sweating.

“Iruka, its Naruto…" He panted with his hands on his knees, "he’s defacing the Hokage’s mountains again!” 

I sighed in relief. I was off the hook, but Naruto... well I don't think so...

Iruka-Sensei groaned before he turned to us with a determined facial expression, “Stay put! Do not move from your seats, when I get back I better see you in them...” And with that he was good. It was almost second nature that when he was gone we all stood up from our seat deliberately ignoring his warning. We all moved to where our friends' seats were and chatted.  I took the snake out of my shirt let her out the window before walking to one of my best friends, Haru.

 "Hey howdy hey!" I greeted as I dove in for one of my infamous hugs that he detested so much.

"Ugh, Akita... c'mon..." He groaned and gently pushed me away.

I smiled when I noticed the slight pink brush against his cheeks. I never knew why, but he always was one that got so flustered at almost everything. I ruffled his blue hair and laughed, "You're so sqwirmish..."

As soon as Aimi came, I turned to her with a wide grin “So…”

“Soo…?”

“Soooo…?” We looked at each other then grinned madly, and I'm sure they were thinking back to the day we became friends

***

“Akita sweetie come here and meet some new friends…” my mothers sweet voice rang. I ran over to her and looked at the two women standing in front of me with there toddlers gripping on their dresses. I ran up to the little ones, grateful to see children my own age. But as soon as I saw them my smile faded. They looked scared. I crossed my arms. “So…” the boy looked at me with a smile.

“Sooo…?”

Then the little girl joined in, “Soooo…?” we all smiled and laughed wildly.

 “I’m Akita! AND YOU MUST BE MY NEW FRIENDS!” I shouted. The boy tilted his head in confusion.

“I’m Haru, and you’re awfully loud and…pretty…” we both blushed.

“I’m Aimi.” The brown haired girl piped. I smiled hugely at her.

“YOUR NAME STARTS WITH AN ‘A’ JUST LIKE MINE!” I screamed making my two new friends flinch but smile warmly.

***