Thirty Seven:

Kyran
March 20
6:30 pm

Since my momma, my sisters and aunt Mary wasn't here the house was actually quiet for a change. So I sat in the kitchen on the computer tryina figure out what the hell a promposal is

"Kyran" my daddy said as he walked into the kitchen "my favorite oldest twin.."

I chuckled "I'm yo ONLY oldest twin. Don't try to say that just to make it seem like you don't have a favorite child"

"I don't"

"It's kinsley"

"Y'all swear kinsley my favorite but its yo momma that gotta favorite"

"No she don't"

"That's what the favorite child always say" he responded while grabbing a cold blue Gatorade out of the fridge, opening it before walking over to where I was looking at the screen "whatchu workin on?"

When he realized I was on Pinterest he chuckled

"Nigga, the hell you doing on Pinterest? You must be bored?"

"How you do a promposal?"

"A promposal?" He smiled "you going all out for lil bri bri huh?"

"Chilllll"

"Well ion know if I can help you out too much with that. Ion know shit bout no promposal. That sound like some shit for the corny ass high school couples that wore matching shirts and shit. Asking everybody to vote them for cutest couple"

I looked over at him "you sound like you real familiar with that"

My daddy sucked his teeth before pushing me upside the head

"Yo momma probably the one that know about all that kinda stuff. She probably went to one of them kinda schools that did that. The school I went to, Ain nobody really went to prom. They just went to the after parties until they got shut down for a fight breaking out then got rooms after"

"You saying  THEY... but I bet you was one of em"

He nodded "You right. But ion suggest you do that. Especially not with Brielle."

"That ain my intentions with her"

"I can tell. She got you doing shit like this"

"I can't ask momma to help me cause you know she gone be extra"

"Yeah. You'll rarely find yo momma doing anything less than extra. But she'll help you. And sometimes that's what a female want. Extra. How you think me and yo momma been together so long?"

"Yeah. Extra. Like how y'all be extra loud being nasty like y'all ain got kids in the house"

"Better start taking some melatonin at night or some cause guess what? One monkey don't stop no show"

"You ain right"

"You'll understand when you get older and you settle down. In the future you gone have this same conversation with yo kids"

I could hear the door open and in came all the noise

"Dance practice got me TIRED" McKenna said as I could hear her loud ass feet stomping upstairs

"Daddy!" Kinsley yelled

I looked away from the computer and at him "yo favorite child calling"

She walked into the kitchen looking like she was ready to cry and whine about some shit

"Daddy I need my oil changed" she told him before laying her head on him, hugging him

"I gotchu. You ain gotta cry"