Twenty Eight:

Brielle

8:33 pm

After talking to kinsley earlier she was even more quiet than before so I knew I may needed to give her her space for right now but I needed to talk to somebody so I came to Jeremiah's house to talk to him

As soon as he opened the door, being that he was  home alone, I walked right in

"Well damn hello to you too" he said as his eyes followed me before closing the door "see lightskins be so entitled. How you gone walk in my shit like you pay bills"

"My best friend hates me" I just bluntly told him

"Who? Kinsley? For what?"

"I told her Jeremiah"

When I said that to him his eyes stretched wide

"Oh shit" he laughed "what she said?"

"She didn't really take it as bad as I thought she would. But now she's not even talking at all"

"Oh so that's why she was acting like that after her break?"

I nodded and Jeremiah smiled

"This is not funny and you think it is"

"Cause. I knew you was gone tell her eventually but now that you actually did... damn. That's crazy"

"I hate this because it's a billion people on this earth and it just so happens to be Kyran who I start falling for"

"Uh oh. Not ms you out here gettin weak in the knees"

"I'm still not worried about dating so hush. I just really do like Kyran"

"I never in my life would've thought I'd see this shit right here coming. I feel like a proud parent"

"Shut up Jeremiah. I'll feel like a proud parent when you and Kaleia get back together"

He laughed a little bit while walking off to his room and I followed him

"Ion know what Kaleia been telling people but that girl better stop letting people think that we getting back together"

"She didn't say anything. I just figured.."

"Well you figured wrong. I like being single" he laid back on his bed and rested his hands behind his head while I sat on the side of the bed "at least for now"

"Well did you tell her that?"

"For what? She broke up with me and told me to enjoy being single. And I am. We still cool but I don't owe her no explanation for nothing"

"True"

"So if she think she bout to smile and sneak her way into us getting back together then she gone be hurt cause I'm good. You was right about not stressing about relationships and shit. Thank you slim Jim"

"Slim Jim? Really?"

"You built like one"

"Go to hell Jeremiah"

"Let me stop talkin bout you before you get yo man on me"

"Kyran is not my man so stop" I jokingly hit him and he laughed

"Y'all already damn near in a relationship. Might as well say that's yo nigga"

"I will never call him my nigga. That sounds so wrong"

"That ain even sound right coming out yo mouth"

"Duh. That's why I will just say my man"

"Ahhh" he smiled "I thought you said he wasn't yo man"