Nine:

Kaleia
Same day
5:14 pm

By the time I finally came over the boys were playing basketball so me and Brielle cracked jokes, bothering them as we watched them play and kinsley had walked off somewhere to talk on the phone

"My baby so fine" I gushed as I eyed Jeremiah seeing him shoot the ball then looked at Brielle "and it's like he know he fine too"

"Oh really" she laughed a little before looking at them playing again

"Yeah. Especially now that them bitches all over him at that school. Tryina congratulate him cause he got that scholarship like bitch back the fuck up. Even that weird, grown ass girl that had took his virginity messaged him talkin bout don't forget her when he join the nba.. like girl"

"Why is she still even talking to him?"

"Ion know. And I know he don't talk to her cause I be on his Instagram"

Jeremiah shot the ball and started smiling

"Stop playin wimme! I do this shit!"

"Bitch fuck you" Kyran cursed and they both laughed

I glanced over at Brielle, seeing she was kinda zoned off

"You good?"

"Yeah" she responded, getting back into reality "I'm just thinking"

"Hopefully you thinking about prom. Cause I was told you don't wanna go"

She sucked her teeth "I went to junior prom last year and hated it. I mean, of course I love to dress up and stuff but why spend hundreds of dollars to sit around in a room full of people I don't talk to like that and I already know we won't stay long. It's a waste"

" you are so dedicated to this modeling stuff"

"Of course!" She nodded "I love it. And plus my parents and yas put too much time, money and training in this for me not to be dedicated. And to me, when I'm behind the camera it's like I'm truly comfortable. I'm BRIELLE. A model, a future Icon, Victoria Secret's runway model, a supermodel period."

"Period runway model! I need to come see you while you at one of your shoots"

"You should come. Maybe you'll wanna get into modeling too"

I laughed a little "girl you see me?"

"And what's wrong with you?"

"I'm not petite like you. I got a whole lotta ass and some stomach. And between this acne and these braces, ion know which one I'm sick of the most."

Honestly I knew I was pretty, but at the same time I was insecure about myself and I hated it because I could tell it hurt my momma's feelings when I would talk down on myself. Her and my stepdad always made sure I felt pretty or whatever but all that shit goes down the drain when I have to go with my dad, his rude ass kids and whatever bitch he's impregnating at the moment. Between them all I get is insults about how I look, how I dress, how I need to stop being greedy because I like to eat and so much ignorant shit

"First of all Kaleia" Brielle started "I WISH I had your body and I'm not the only one. It's literally people paying to look like you. And I remember I had braces my freshman year. Jeremiah always made fun of me and called me metal mouth and tried to see if he could stick a magnet to them"

"I remember the magnet thing" I laughed

"Yeah. And I still wanna fight him for throwing that magnet at my teeth. But anyways, as far as the acne is concerned.. you barely have any. All you gotta do is start exfoliating. Kaleia you are BEAUTIFUL and you need to stop thinking otherwise. Your daddy just takes his jealousy out on you because he's mad your momma is happy"