Five.

Kinsley
January 17
10:15 am

I pressed the buttons on the vending machine to get a bag of the purple Doritos while music played through my AirPods. Feeling the AirPods being snatched out of my ear I quickly turned around ready to talk shit and saw it was Dominique.

"You almost got yo ass beat just now"

"You ain beating shit" he told me as he reached down and grabbed my chips out of the vending machine and handing them to me

"Thank you"

"No problem"

Dominique smiled, knowing exactly what he was doing and I shook my head

"I am not supposed to be talking to you"

"You said that Saturday too, and what happened"

"Forreal this time... and Saturday did NOT happen. Okay"

"Whatever kinsley. You know you enjoyed it"

I rolled my eyes as he grabbed my hand

"My daddy would probably kill the both of us because he already made it clear that he don't like you for whatever reason"

"Over some old ass beef with him and my uncle. That ain got shit to do with us"

"Don't you live with your uncle?"

He nodded "yeah. And?"

He tilted his head to the side a little as he looked me up and down.

"Kinsley ion know why you acting like this. You know you wanna be with me"

"I wouldn't mind. But what I want even more is to not have my head chopped of and handed to my daddy on a silver platter when my brother see me talking to you"

"Kyran? That nigga don't pay you or nobody else no attention"

"That's what y'all think"

"Babygirl... just hit me up when you done being scary" he told me with his finger under my chin before walking off and I looked back at him

"Damn him and his good dick" I cursed to myself before turning to go to the direction of my next class. As I walked, opening my chips I felt a hand slap down on my bookbag and drag me back some

"The fuck" I cursed as an arm was thrown across my shoulders and I saw it was Jeremiah "why would you-"

"Aht" he cut me off, as we both started walking together with his arm still thrown over my shoulders "a lil bird whispered in my ear and told me you was doing some shit you ain got no business doing with somebody you ain got no business being around"

"Whatchu talkin bout?"

"Don't play dumb wimme. I went to get some food Saturday and drove my momma car and I saw you getting out Dominique car fixing yo pants"

"I still don't know whatchu talkin bout Jeremiah"

"You gone know when both of yo brothers and yo daddy whoop yo ass. Hell, all our daddies might just tag team yo ass. Jr too"

"You really gone tell?"

"Nah. As long as you promise me you gone leave that nigga alone kinsley. Real shit. Yo daddy don't ask for a lot so when he ask you something simple as staying away from somebody, do that. He ain gone tell you to do shit for no reason"

"Oh my gosh, my daddy has beef with damn near everybody I go to school with family members. What's so different about Dominique"

"Cause they need ain no petty beef. Trust me, they been told us that story which is why I'm telling you. Stay away from him"