Thirteen:

2 weeks later

Kinsley
February 10
3:45 pm

"Ima need my aunt to come back home cause I really need my hair done" I complained to Brielle while I looked at my lace in the camera of my phone while we headed to the car

It wasn't looking too bad but I most definitely could tell and I refuse to have my hair looking a mess

Realizing Brielle wasn't paying me any attention, I looked at her and saw she was looking around like she was tryina avoid somebody, the same thing she's been doing since that movie date disaster

"Brielle don't even worry about that boy. Fuck him"

"I just don't wanna be nowhere near him"

"Well if he come near you I'll beat his ass"

She laughed, shaking her head

"You don't need to worry about him. You should be worrying about Kyran not talking to you still"

I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes. Honestly I figured it would be like a day or two that he would've went without talking to me but damn. It's been 2 weeks

"He doing too much but at this point I don't care. It's whatever"

"Well honestly kin.. do you blame him for being mad?"

"Y'all acting like y'all never made mistakes before. I know it was wrong to mess with Dominique but still. I'm in high school and still tryina figure things out"

"I understand that, but really that whole Dominique situation was nothing to have to figure out. Multiple people.. and most importantly your dad told you to stay away from him. That's enough right there for you to stop talking to him cause he rarely ask y'all to do stuff like that. You just being hardheaded"

"I know and I regret it. But sometimes you can't help who you fall for. I really did care for him brielle. And I used to think that maybe he wasn't like his people. But no, he telling me fuck my daddy and then pulled a gun out on my brother"

"Some people can't be saved kinsley. And you should've known Dominique was somebody that can't be saved. He proudly flashes his gun wherever he go, always fighting, getting in trouble and you thought he was gonna be different?"

I shrugged, pushing my hair past my shoulders and Brielle laughed

"Seriously though kinsley. And you can't really be mad that kyran's mad at you. I mean yeah, two weeks is a little extreme but still. Your brother loves you and he want what's best for you"

"No he don't"

"If he didn't then he wouldn't be mad at you right now"

I looked at Brielle some type of way

"What kinda backwards ass logic you got going on"

She jokingly pushed me

"Shut up. You know what I mean"

"No. I don't"

" kinsley. If Kyran didn't care about you, trust me he wouldn't even care about you getting caught up in some drama or trouble that comes behind Dominique. He wouldn't care about you getting caught by your daddy for messing around with him and so much more. Kyran really protects you from a lot in a weird way and you don't realize it"

"You always team Kyran no matter what it is"

"Because Kyran seems to be the only one other than me that thinks with their head"