Chapter 14

The library was just a dream world for book lovers because it had every genres arranged systematically in the high ceiling shelves in the spacious and spherical library with pillars guarding its boundary. The arched entrance and windows had perfect carvings and the library had been spread over such a vast valley.

The musky smell of papers had hit Ishya and Pari who had been wandering while Avan was resting at the yard. Aira had just entered in, after chatting with the librarian of the citadel. He was an aged man in a loose shirt and track pant. He looked furious as he corrected his specs as if Aira was enquiring about something he didn't like. He was scratching his beard and moustache that looked like it had been covered by snow. The three of them had woke early to raid the library.

Since the sun light had been sharp on the land, almost every book had been checked on. Ishya asked finally fed up, "Which book do you want? At least tell that."

Aira looked at her side from the other side of the shelf, "Ancient books, I have told you, thick and old."

Pari interrupted, "Do you know the name?"

Aira sheepishly smiled, "No! Actually it's about ancient magic, spells and curses."

Ishya doubted, is Aira trying to find the books of magical help to break the curse that is still binding something?

Pari had been checking on the last row of the wooden shelf and she sighed, "I am not getting anything."

Ishya ran her fingers through the book only to check out its title when nothing caught her eyes. Finally Aira stopped, "There is nothing."

Suddenly someone walked in and Aira looked serious, "Why are you here?"

There stood a lad with yellow hair flying with the wind. He cleared his throat, "On my way to the citadel, I saw someone turning the library upside down."

Ishya turned to Pari who had just bowed and got up. She whispered, "Akesh!"

Aira's tone grew unfriendly, "I had asked why you are coming to the citadel? You are supposed to stay at the Triratna."

The bond between the pair seemed to be too uncomfortable as Akesh replied, "I have been called for the meeting by the heir, himself. Do you get it?"

Aira walked out, "Ishya and Pari! Let's go."

Akesh looked at the girls and smiled as he lifted himself in air and flew with the speed of the heavy breeze. Aira had already hopped on to a dragon while Avan stood up waiting for Ishya. She turned to Pari, "What just happened?"

Pari giggled helplessly, "Old enemies meeting after so long. I guess they are going to have to work together."

"Seriously, children of the citadel have enemies within each other?"

"Well! Childhood friends can also have ego clashes."

Ishya rose her eyebrow as Pari cleared, "Akesh, Zyan and Aira have grown up together. They are elder than us and had been sent to the Draco saga but while Aira succeeded Akesh had lost and then he was appointed at the Triratna according to the alliance treaty to help them with our magic and guide other members of the citadel who goes there and thereafter their friendship had been at stake because they never got a chance to renew the bond."

Ishya denied, "I never had one until I found you."

"Unexpectedly!" Pari smiled heartily, "After all no friendship is an accident." Ishya laughed over as Aira's angry voice came on, "Can we be leaving?"

Ishya and Pari were running out when a book fell from the desk of the librarian and the girls stopped to look over, Aira walked in seeing the girls stop. There was a book laying open on the ground.

Ishya stood stunned as she felt something getting clear

Ishya stood stunned as she felt something getting clear. Most of these were interconnected with the conversations she had overheard but Pari just felt it as a dramatic myth and Aira immediately closed the book and took it in her hands, "Shall we leave?"

Ishya sighed as she broke out like the fury of the gathering storm, "What had happened to the third realm? Why are its people described as survivors and creatures? The apocalypse was an accident due to the magic gone wrong?"

Ishya blinked her eyes as she brought out a ton of questions with uneasiness, "Apart from living an unbothered life in the home, why are its people being involved into your battle? Why do you take away the people of the home? Are you running an experiment on them?"

Aira and Pari remained silent in either shock, anger or fear of their secret efforts being questioned. The staring continued as if forever until Aira broke, "Um... Shall we leave?"

Pari nodded, "I guess, we must..."

Ishya looked at her while Aira walked out to her dragon. Pari whispered, "Maybe you shouldn't interfere into it, Ishi!"

That seemed like an advice but it sounded as a warning from the very own mate, maybe a sibling.

***

"The new child had come to attend the lessons with her brother," the girl told the tales from her first classes to her parents, "Aunt's neighbour had let his two daughters to learn the tricks with air. At the break, they play with each other."

Mahika laughed, "I am getting late. Let me take a leave." She left on waving at the little girl who was still in excitement of her classes. Her mother sat down.

Her father sat down, "Don't you want to play too. We will play hide and seek? We will be hiding somewhere waiting for you. Will you find us?"

"Why will you be hiding?" The little girl tilted her head awestruck.

"We will be somewhere being knighted," her mother tried to smile. "Find us, okay?"

The girl hopped on, "Deal!"

"Keep this with you," she heard her mother's voice turning rough as she removed a red charm from her bracelet and handed it to her, "Safe!"

The girl looked at it from all ways, still not understanding it, just like the modern art.

Her father held her little finger with his, "This will help you."

The girl smiled, "This is mine."

"Aye!" Her parents chuckled still nervousness hidden somewhere underneath. A lady just appeared out of nowhere and came in knocking as she greeted all. The elegant lady in a golden gown had few golden beads woven into her silk like hair. She settled herself next to the little child as she informed, "We need you." The little girl had no worries as she had been playing with a silver necklace of the good looking and middle aged woman with gold tinted eyes, holding on to her caged silver locket in the golden thread. "There is nothing we can do than try, so atleast if you can be the cause to a change, to resolve."

***