Chapter 20

The hot nutty aroma of the instantly crushed coffee beans was spreading in the evening air. The sitting area for the officials was where they had teamed up for the evening break. Maya had just led Ishya and Pari in to the red carpeted tea place. Maya was a youngster with short brown hair, dancing on her shoulders, soil brown eyes and short skirts with a coat. She helped them in and stood back at the entrance. Akesh came in, "Hope you had a good time in the citadel."

Ishya smiled, was that even a question...? Definitely a huge no.

Zyan just got in, "Hey, divine magic!"

Ishya raised her eyebrows, "Do you think that suits me, alchemist?"

"Heaven's yes!" Aira's avarice smile broke out.

An elderly couple gracefully walked in, Ishya and Pari bowed until realization hit them through another voice, "Mayuk's parents."

The girls turned to find Gautam in his soldier costume, "Mayuk's parents Ritvik and Ridhi." They lowered their palms and the whole group settled themselves as the workers brought in tea and snacks, not in hands, but in air. Ishya and Pari took a sip of the mountain coffee. It was lightly caramelized and crispy and spicy rings went with it. She looked around, some worries rising, "Avyaan... The heir... Where is he?"

Ridhi smiled with a mischievous look , "He is got some soldiers to be trained, girl."

"Tell us about yourself," the heavier tone of Ritvik sounded like a command even when a sweet smile was on his face. Pari blinked her eyes and looked at Ishya who tilted her head, urging her to start. Pari introduced, "Keeper of the citadel, Pari."

The faces turned to Ishya, "One from home."

Ridhi asked, "Home, huh? Great! Where are your parents?"

Hope they were in your custody, Ishya blinked back her fierce tears, safe, if not the mountain would collapse. I would break it all down.

Someone else knocked on the door, "Did I miss anything?"

There stood Avyaan, tall, fit and handsome, arms folded and a perfect smile. Ridhi and Rithvik lovingly smiled, "What took you so long?"

"The training just prolonged," he sat on the only chair left, beside Pari, opposite the royal pair, taking his tea.

"So!" Akesh stood up, "What are we going to do?"

"We need to plan the unexpected," Avyaan added taking up his leadership.

Ishya leaned backwards and behind Pari she whispered, "Can we sit on this?"

Avyaan pushed back and nodded at Ishya, "Join me at the training camp tonight."

Pari denied being caught in midst them. Ridhi cleared her throat, "Something said?"

Zyan scratched his chin, "Should we leave for the second realm?"

Avyaan denied taking some time, "We may need your help, Aira and Zyan."

"The delegates who got back are accommodated here for help too," Gautam informed.

Avyaan nodded, "We need a definite reason to attack and to be attacked. We must find it!"

"Kids! We will be around," Ridhi and Rithvik left in discussion.

Avyaan sighed, "Where is Aarav?"

"He..." Gautam stuttered, "He has been working on some magic tricks in the central hall."

"At the portal openings to the three realms," Avyaan stood in shock, "Is he freaking nuts? We aren't supposed to go there until we find a solution to the whole of shape shifting magic absorbers. Get him back."