Chapter 2

She couldn't describe the land where the citadel rests, beyond - magical. She had thought the place to be lifeless but it was exactly the opposite, with greenery overloaded. The wind was as cold as ice as it smoothly flew through the swinging plants.

Every tree in the citadel looked the same but it birthed different fruits, all in the same tree. So magical was everything there. The land was bright with the sunlight falling all over and the scent of the flowers stole the welcoming. The sound of the running river, beginning from the waterfall was loud and clear. Otherwise, the land was so silent without any creak or huff of the busy people. She could still see the Triratna, guarded by the mist as her eyes were blurred by the blazing Sun. An elegant walkway, surrounded by the thin woods led her to the citadel.

She wished that citadel was not going to be like the minds of the people living below. In home, danger alarms were rung like morning bells, battles were just a cup of tea, magic and curses had been a layer of dust in ease to be blown and fear had been washed out ever since death had been so dearly.

Despite victories or failures over the wars, the opponents always hypnotized in some way or the other and led some soldiers of the home to be held hostage in the Triratna and no one knew why.

She suddenly leaped back from her thoughts as an electric cycle crossed her way. The sudden drift of the bike gave off a screeching noise as the rider in a tracksuit, took off the helmet as he pulled the break.

A handsome face with wavy hair stared at her with his cocoa-tinted eyes. A sturdy fit and good looking lad stepped down, he rudely put up, "Who are you?"

Ishya tossed back, "What have you got to do with my whereabouts?"

His eyes widened, "It's the out-of-towner who usually gets lost. So you must be one..."

She grinned, "A visitant."

"Well! Welcome to citadel, but going that way would take you to the Triratna," he informed.

"Oops! I wasn't going there," she immediately replied.

"I expected a gratitude to be paid on directing you."

"Seriously? Who are you?"

"That's not anything of a topic for discussion either."

"Fine! Let me take a leave."

"Great!"

"Which is the way to the citadel?"

"Right from here will take you to the citadel. If you continued straight you would have went to the peak," he tilted his head innocently.

"Thank you," she turned right only to continue her journey when he interrupted, "Who do you want to meet?"

"Karan."

"Wow! I am going there too. You will only reach there when it gets dark as it is a long way, so I might suggest accompanying me."

"Why so?"

"Because it is not way too safe around here," he dramatically gave off the fearing effect.

"Is there werewolves, zombies or any such creatures?"

He darkly told, "Something bigger."

"What is that, dragons, aliens? I am not afraid of any of it."

"Would you keep chatting or shall we move ahead?"

Accompanying him was not a good plan but after all it was not going to be a big deal. Nevertheless, she really wanted a guide to walk into the citadel, unless mistakenly entering into any of the numerous doors that were open.