Chapter 10

We have a buddy coming.

***

The group was up earlier and had their breakfast in a run as they were in a hurry over checking and rechecking all facilities for the wizards. Ishya and Pari were walking to Karan as he had called them.

"Good morning ladies!" He greeted with brighter eyes, "We have a big day today."

Ishya and Pari smiled as Karan informed, "Both of you can stay at the entrance to check on the guests, meanwhile others will have their duties done inside."

Ishya knew she couldn't ask for a work inside the fort without any powers because those with it can complete their works faster. She agreed at Karan and moved to the ornate towered entrance with Pari while she heard Karan tell, "Pari! Do keep this girl in sight."

Ishya and Pari sat down on the field, looking at the mountain for any signs of the wizards' departure because they would be arriving any time sooner. Pari brought up a conversation below the cloudy sky which was burning with the blazing Sun, "So what did Aira have for you?"

"Tortes!"

"Huh?"

"She had called me to enquire about a guard who I had an encounter with."

"Who is he?"

"Aira told its Gautam."

"I didn't leave you for a minute then when did you meet him?"

"When you left for three minutes yesterday."

She arched her eyebrows. "Who is this man?"

"You don't know a guard? He said he is from the other side of the citadel."

"Other side of the citadel?"

"Yes! No one told me about it though."

"No one told about it? because there is no other side for the citadel."

"No?"

"Yes, it's a no."

"Is there a fight kiddos?" A voice got through and there was Kavya drying her hair.

Pari softly hit her head with her palm, "This woman always gets in between."

The girls got up, denying to Kavya as she smiled and walked past them.

The girls settled back and was about to start when a deeper tone interrupted, "Anything magical today, Ishya?"

On her call, she looked back and found Aira in a long brown cloak with white furry neck clad upon her greyish silver shirt and the white pants ran down till her brown boots. Ishya responded, "No!"

Pari asked, "Does she know you have been powerless till... Like thirty four hours ago?"

Ishya nodded as she stood up to look at the tall lady, "What about your works?"