Chapter 4

"Wake up, dear!"

The little girl could hear her father say.

The innocent voice exhaled heavily, "No dad, I am tired." She had kneeled on the ground, panting.

Her mother was watching her over the window of their open kitchen. She playfully smiled, walking up to them, "Don't you want to go up that mountain one day?"

The young one nodded without any hesitation.

Her father patted her braided hair, "You want magic at your fingertips?"

She nodded with her pretty eyes.

Her mother enquired, "You need a little dragon to hop on?"

She smiled as her father asked, "Try reaching your target, for getting a dragon, sweet heart."

Her eyes were still at the peak that stood still. "Why wouldn't you take me there?"

Her parents' unease at the question met her and she smiled, hearing her dad, "My little princess, you get to be crowned only if you conquer the land on your own."

"But remember," Her mom gathered values, "My beauty, conquer the world with all the good heart."

Her father motivated, "Focus on your target and let the fire to achieve it, burn in you. Try again. Wake up."

***

Ishya woke up and sighed as the dream seemed so intimate. She looked around and opened her luggage and pulled out the pictured frame as she held her parents closer. She then got up, stretching herself and arranged her chamber as she went to take a shower. The breakfast did arrive by then with a knock on the door. Ishya called in and a girl of her age in a long gown walked up to her. The cat-eyed calm lady smiled as she kept a tray of breakfast on the table. The woman cleared her throat and straightened her brown hair, "Morning and Welcome." Ishya smiled at the stranger but her eyebrows wrinkled and the lady continued, "Myself, Kavya; a keeper in the citadel. I guess you weren't expecting me."

Ishya smiled, "Of course, I don't know you. I thought Avin would be here."

Kavya looked puzzled, "And who is he?"

"The keeper who has a bike," Ishya sketched.

Kavya shot, "Never mind! Anyway there is no one in here named Avi."

Ishya tried hard on not expressing her confused emotions. Kavya ended, "Do have the breakfast and join us. You have few more people to be introduced."

Ishya nodded as she walked out. Ishya munched on the baked buns and boiled veggies as she thought about the lad who had accompanied her. "Ghost?" She doubted to scare herself.

"What? Where?" She heard a sudden response that frightened her. Ishya screamed by looking at the other side and there stood another stranger who broke out her vocal cord in fear. Kavya ran in, "What's it?"

The girls' voice sank into the open air as they chorused, "Nothing!"

Kavya denied, "All fine?"

The girls kept nodding.

Kavya widened one of her eyes in disbelief as she stepped out. Ishya immediately turned to the new-comer. The young looking girl in a warrior like costume with black marble like eyes and long blonde hair as red as fire and her cheeks and lips as red as her hair smiled, "Hey! What were you talking to yourself...? Ghost?"

Ishya denied, "No, I was just guessing."

"Seriously?"

"Actually one lad helped me reach here and now he is nowhere to be found."