Backstory thing ig

So, I saw a lot of people were confused about the age gaps in this book and how William is 28 when Y/N's mom is like 40 and went to college with William and Henry. Originally, I was gonna say wattpad logic but I got bored at school and thought of a backstory thing so here y'all go.

Y/N's mom had a child (you, Y/N) when she was 18 and just finishing up high school. Even though she wanted to go to college, she couldn't since she was busy with a kid but did have help from the father. So, she moved to Colorado to live with her parents, got married to Y/N's bio father like a year later and years later Max was born.

Once they (Y/N's parents) got enough money to move, they moved back to Utah and Y/N's mom was able to go to college. So she went to college while her husband took care of the kids. That's when she met William and Henry and got closer with them even though they were much more younger than her.

Unfortunately, Y/N's father left the picture a few years later around the time their mom was going to get her degree. This forced Y/N's mom to move back to Colorado and save up money to go back to college. But, she was never able to go back to college but was able to go back to Utah. She was just happy her kid got a degree and was doing better than her.

So hope that explains it. It's pretty much just because Y/N's mom and dad fucked around, had a kid, were poor, and had to save up money. Moral of the story: wrap it before you tap it 😀