«Chåptër 23»

Late night talks*

»I woke up to the faint water droplets from outside. I opened my eyes slowly, looking around the dark room. I got up suddenly, alarmed by my surroundings. It wasn't Henry's house, it wasn't Fredbears anymore. No, it looked like the room that Michael had showed me when he gave me a tour of his house. What the hell was I doing here?

I opened the door slowly, making sure not to wake anyone up. I walked quietly downstairs, praying to whatever or whoever that the stairs wouldn't creak. I let out quite sigh of relief, looking over in the kitchen. I saw the light was on in there and William was in there, drinking what I supposed was tea. I held my breath, trying to escape upstairs.

"I know you're there, (Y/N). You can't fool me." William looked over at me, his voice raspy.

I quietly swore to myself and walked into the kitchen, sitting at the counter. "Why are you up?" I ask, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter.

He sighed, taking a sip of his coffee. "Couldn't sleep. I should be asking you the same question," he looked at me, the eye bags under his eyes looking worse.

I paused, taking a bite of the apple and swallowing it quickly. "I, um, woke up and couldn't go back to sleep." I replied, stifling a yawn.

William hummed in response and continued to drink his tea. I ate a bit more of my apple then felt done with it. I jumped down from the stool and threw away the core, going back to my seat. It was at that moment that I realized I was still in my work outfit. I sighed, adjusting it a bit since it wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world. William noticed my discomfort, putting his cup down.

"I'll go get you some better clothes," he spoke up, going out of the kitchen to the stairs.

I continued to sit on the stool, starting to play with my finger. Not too long after, William came downstairs with a hoodie and some sweatpants in his hands. He walked over to me and handed me the clothes.

"Here. You can use these. I know how uncomfortable the uniforms are." He told me, walking back to his cup of tea after giving me the clothes.

I looked down on see the purple hoodie and black sweatpants in my arms, probably going to be pretty baggy on me. "Thank you," I thanked him quickly.

I got down from the stool and walked to the nearest bathroom I knew of in this house. I changed quickly into the clothes, which were baggy on me but hey I'm not complaining. I grabbed my work uniform and went to the room I was in. I put down the uniform and went out into the hall. I looked at the clock in the hall the clock reading 1:42 and I was suspecting it was am. Going back downstairs, I saw William still in the same spot with his tea, looking out the window. I went back into the kitchen and sat on the stool I was on previously.

"So, since neither of us can sleep, I guess we could just talk," I suggested, shrugging at William.

He looked at me and nodded. "Alright then, I'll start. Why did you and your family move back to this shitty place?" He asked, referring to Hurricane.

I paused, looking down at the counter. "I lived here until I was 13 then moved away once my dad left. I..wanted to move back to the place where I used to live. My hometown," I explained, mentally cringing at how I was just saying my backstory in front of this man.

He just hummed, nodding his head and finishing his tea. I looked over at him and gave him a confused look.

"Why don't you tell me why you moved here." I shot back at him with his question.

He looked over at me and sighed. "I moved here when I was 20. I heard that there was a good college and Henry was a good family friend. So, I left England and came here, living with Henry and his family. I actually haven't spoken to my family in years but eh." He explained to me, shrugging at the end.

I raised my brows, still continuing to take in the story. "Huh, that's actually really cool," is the only the thing I could respond with before going into the family room and sitting down on the couch. I let out a sigh, getting comfy while sinking into the couch. 

Quietly, William came and sat by me. I looked over to meet his gaze, him staring at the carpet. I looked away and let out a yawn. All those all nighters as a teen are catching up to me. William looked over at me and chuckled.

"Tired, my dear?" He asked, a playful smile on his face.

I started to nod a bit. "Yea, kinda," I sheepishly said, pulling my legs up on the couch.

William got up and went to get a blanket on the chair. He came back with a grey, fluffy blanket in his hands. He wrapped it around me and I quickly thanked him, admiring how warm I was. William sat back down by me and sighed, his head being supported by the couch cushion. I stared at the floor, getting lost in my thoughts. Thinking about all they events that have happened lately made my head spin.

My head lolled to the side, landing on Williams shoulder. I was about to lift my head up but he stopped me.

"Its fine, love. You could rest your head on my shoulder or lap. I don't mind." He shrugged, looking over at me and smiling.

I blushed softly, slowing putting my head in his lap. I sighed, snuggling up with the blanket. William reached his hand down and started stroking my hair. I heard as the water droplets outside got heavier, hearing thunder that was quite distant. All of this made me become more tired. 

It that moment, all my problems were gone. I felt like the boulder on my shoulders had been lifted off. I felt safe and like I was actually at home. Not saying that Henry's house didn't feel like a home. It was just, I finally felt like I wasn't having to stress about anything. 

I yawned, snuggling closer to William. I glanced up at him and saw that he was smiling. I smiled. How could this man make me feel so safe with him? 

I glanced back over to the floor. Feeling my eyes get heavy and closing them, slowly falling asleep.

I felt like everything was going right for once...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally it's fall break. Fuck school. Anygays, on a positive note, Halloween is almost here and I'm so excited.

Also, thank you all for the read and votes. I know I've said this in previous chapters, but it just makes me so happy that there are people out there that actually enjoy. So, again, thank you <3