«Çhåptër 21»

Working things out*

» I sighed as I closed the sliding door that lead to the backyard. Me and William walked where we were out of sight of Emilie and Max. I shivered slightly from the crisp air. Fall was coming and making itself known.

"So, what is it?" I asked, a bit irritated. One, was from William just coming and telling me that we need to talk and two, I was freezing my ass to death. 

I guess William saw this because he took off his jacket that he was wearing and put in around me. I started to warm up immediately, snuggling into the jacket and smelling a hint of his cologne.

"Well, it's about the investigation. They interviewed me and Henry today. They said that the employees will be interviewed tomorrow." He told me, his voice low.

I nodded. "Is that all?" I asked, continuing to snuggle the jacket. I didn't care it was his, I just needed warmth.

He sighed, shaking his head. "No," he paused for a moment. "Since you know about what I've done, I'm going to be in the room with you." He explained to me.

I looked over at him. Did he not trust me? I mean, I wouldn't trust me either...but still. Does he think it's easy to just keep it a secret that you know your boss is the man behind it all? No, he doesn't. He thinks it's so easy to keep it a secret. Stupid ass brit.

I clenched my jaw. "Why? Do you not trust me?" I hissed through gritted teeth.

William grinned, shrugging as he did so. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't." He teased, continuing to have that stupid grin on his face.

Oh, the urge to just slap him right now. So, before I could think about what I was doing, I slapped him. After I realized what I did, I gasped. William looked over at me, pissed. 

"Shit," I blurred out.

William moved and grabbed my wrists with much force, grinning like a maniac. "Oh, dear, you'll regret that you did that." he growled.

He pushed me down on the grass. I let out a groan and got up quickly. 

"What the hell, William?!" I yelled, looking around to see where he went.

Shortly after, I felt a hand cover mouth. I knew exactly who it was right away. The only man I was with right now.

I felt his breath softly on my neck. "Yell at me next time, sweetheart, and I'll give you a reason to yell." he whispered in my ear, chuckling softly.

I felt chills run down my back, blushing softly.

William pulled away and went inside. "You coming?" He asked, as if nothing happened.

I nodded, following after him. I went inside and felt the warmth of the house embrace me. I took off Williams jacket and was about to hand it back to him, but he shook his head.

"No, keep it." He declined, getting his keys from the table.

I raised a brow, but nodded. "Ok," I responded, putting the jacket on the couch.

William said his byes and left. I went upstairs to me and Max's room to think about what happened. I looked down at the jacket he left me keep. Why did he let me keep it? Yea, he may have not been cold outside, but wouldn't he want his jacket back? Jesus Christ, that man made me question my own sanity sometimes.

I heard the door open and looked over to see Max. He closed the door slowly behind him.

"What happened?" He asked.

I hesitated, wondering what I should tell him. I knew that I would definitely not tell him about what William had done. I wouldn't live to see another day. I sighed, going to put William's jacket away in me and Max's shared closet.

"He just told me about what's gonna happen tomorrow." I told him quietly. I walked over to the window, looking outside.

Max walked by my side. "What's happening tomorrow?" He asked, looking outside as well.

I looked down. "I'm getting interviewed tomorrow since some children went missing at the diner." I explained. Deep down, I was praying to who ever that my acting was good enough.

Max hummed, continuing to look outside. "Henry said something about that this morning. I really wonder who it was honestly. I know that you didn't do it, you would never." He looked over at me and I looked back at him.

I shook my head. "Nope, I wouldn't. I also wonder who it was." I lied through my teeth, hoping Max couldn't tell that I was lying.

Max nodded, walking over to the dresser. "Well, I'm going to get changed." He quietly told me, getting his pjs out.

I nodded. "Mk, dork, you do that." I joked.

Max scoffed at the nickname, leaving the room to change. 

I sighed, looking out the window again. I was torn between everything. I had to keep William's murders a secret, work, and so many more things. It was strange though. It was as if I had something for William. I mean, I have only known him a month so definitely not like I like him or something. I dunno. I shook my head and got my pjs out, changing quickly. I sat on my side of the bed still looking outside.

I heard Max come in the room from changing, putting his old clothes away. He went on his side of the bed and snuggled himself in.

"Night, idiot," Max spoke, quickly. It sounded like he was close to falling asleep.

I smiled softly. "Night, dork," I replied, looking over at seeing that he had fallen asleep quite quickly. Guess he has been really tired lately.

I reached over to the nightstand that was on my side of the bed, opening the top drawer quietly. I got out a family picture I had for many years. It was a picture of me, my mom, my dad, and Max in mom's arms, only a year old at that point. My father's face was scribbled out. I remember doing that. I was terribly angry at my father, so I did the only logical thing and scribbled him out of my life. He walks out of my life, I scribble him out. I hope that he never, ever comes back.

I looked at the photo for awhile. After a long time of looking at it, I put it away, trying not to make too much noise. I got into bed and started to fall asleep. Only one thing I was wishing.

I was wishing for some reason, that William wouldn't get caught.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ughghghghgh, school's a bitch but its fine. I got to play with fire in a lab for science. Yayyyy, fire. And I got an extra in my class play so ye 🌚