«Çhåptër 22»

Investigation*

»That morning I woke up to Henry waking me up. I groaned and put the blankets over my head. Henry sighed and took the blankets off me, a chill running down my spine from the cold air.

"Come on, (Y/N). Get up." He shook me a bit.

I covered my face with my hands. "Fine, fuck's sake," I cursed under my breath.

Henry put the blanket down and left the room for me to get ready. I smirked, grabbing the blanket and laying back down. I could just get ready in a minu-

"(Y/N)!" Henry yelled from outside my door.

I threw the blanket off me in a rage. "Fineeee!" I yelled back, getting up to get ready.

(Time skip bc I'm fucking lazy)

I arrived at the diner with Henry taking his car separately. I got out of my car and quickly go hit with the morning breeze. I yawned and stretched, looking over to see Henry getting out of his car. I looked around the parking lot and saw a purple car. Well, I knew he is here.

I walked into the diner with Henry and saw William first thing. He was looking at the animatronics, making sure they were in good shape. He looked over to see me and Henry walking in. He flashed his toothy grin and walked over to us.

"Good morning Henry, and (Y/N)." He exclaimed, stopping in front of Henry.

Henry smiled at William. "Good morning, Will." Henry replied.

I stood there and tapped my foot. I wasn't in the mood for Williams bullshit. I guess he was catching on to this since he looked over at me.

"No 'good morning' for me, dear?" He asked, acting like he was saddened by it.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Morning, dumbass," I grumbled, flashing his my middle finger as I walked away to his office.

He huffed and turned back to Henry to talk to him. Poor Henry didn't know why there was so much tension between us. I wasn't really in the mood to do anything though. It was too fucking early for any of this.

I made my way to Williams office and flopped down on his ugly leather couch. I closed my eyes, almost falling asleep but then hearing someone come into the office. I looked up and saw William. I rolled my eyes and groaned, stuffing my face in the couch cushions. He chuckled and walked over, stopping by me.

"You can't hide that easily, my dear." He joked, poking at my head.

I pulled my head up and met his gaze. "I'm too tired for this." I complained, turning away from him with my back turned and curling into a fetal position.

He sighed and reached down, putting his arms around my waist. I let out a yelp and tried to fight his grip. But, he was much more stronger than me and already pulling me up. He put me down on the ground, holding my shoulder.

"Come on, love. The investigators are going to be here soon." He told me, pushing me out the door.

I sighed and decided to go along with the investigation.

(Time skip to the end of the investigation bc I'm exhausted)

It had been almost a full 30 minutes and I was so done with this dumb stuff. They were asking some basic questions, a bit of personal ones, and then the ones about work and stuff. William was with me, watching me like a hawk. Hell, that man scared me sometimes. I have so many mixed feelings on him.

"Don't worry (L/N), were almost done with this investigation." The male investigator said.

The other investigator, a short plump man, nodded. "So, (L/N), what did you do last time you were ever at work?" The short man asked.

I bounced my leg, thinking back at the memory. "Well, I was looking after Mr. Aftons kids while we worked on some stuff in his office." I explained to them, making up a very small lie.

The other investigator from earlier, a young man who was average height, wrote down in a notepad. "And, was Mr. Afton in his office all day?" the young man asked.

I nodded. "Pretty much, only coming to me sometimes to tell me something or deal with something." I confirmed, hiding a yawn.

They both nodded, putting their stuff away. "You are both excused." Is all they said as I quickly got up and William following after me.

"God, I thought that would never be over." I groaned, walking to Williams office.

William chuckled, nodding his head. "I agree, love. Now you can sleep." He told me, walking into the office and closing the door.

I smiled happily, flopping down on the leather couch again and slowly falling asleep while William worked on stuff.

William POV:

I sighed as I finished the last piece of paperwork and put it away in my files. I looked over at (Y/N), who was sound asleep on the leather couch. I walked over to them and brushed my fingertips gently on their face. They were so peaceful when they slept. I snapped out of my trance and looked over at the door, where Henry had just walked in.

"Hello William. I just came to say that I'm leaving. Is (Y/N) asleep?" He asked, looking over at them.

I nodded, looking over at them. "Yes, I can take them to my house. I don't think they would want to be woken up." I explained to him in a low tone.

He raised a brow. "Are you kids home?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No, Clara wanted to take the kids for the weekend after finding out what happened at the diner." I looked down at my feet, remembering the memory. Clara fighting about it and the poor kids hiding in their rooms. It was an ugly sight. Any divorce is.

He nodded, still confused. "Why do you want to take them home though?" He asked, distrust in his eyes.

I sighed. "I want to talk about some personal stuff with them." I grumbled, starting to get irritated with him.

He hummed, turning around to leave. "Ok then," he muttered, leaving to go get stuff in his office

I rolled my eyes and looked back at (Y/N). I picked them up softly, careful not to wake them up. I walked out of my office, leaving Henry to lock up. I put (Y/N) gently in the backseat of the car, getting a random blanket in the car and putting it around them. I walked over to the drivers seat and got in, starting to go home. I made sure not to be too loud so (Y/N) could sleep. 

I finally got home and went on go get (Y/N) out of the car. I carefully got them out of the car and made my way inside. I walked upstairs and to the spare bedroom I had. I put them softly on the bed and put the covers over them. I continued looking at them, gently petting their hair.

 I decided that I had to get ready for bed. I sighed, not wanting to leave them. I wished I could bring them into my bed and just be with them, but I knew I couldn't. I bend down and softly kissed their cheek. 

Walking to the door, I continued to think about how gentle and kind they were with my kids. How is such a better parent to them than their actual mother.

I wished they were the kids other parent...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is shit rn. With that being said *starts to blast Ghost*