10. Not Like Any Other Guy

Nikki's P.O.V.

1989

I'm running super late for school today because my alarm didn't go off for whatever reason this morning, so I had overslept like crazy.

I literally run into the school's building now like a bat out of hell, rushing towards the lockers.

I'm just getting some of my textbooks out for my first class for the day, when I start noticing this like banging sound coming from one of the other lockers.

I frown staring at it like it'd something out of a horror movie, and it doesn't take me long at all to realize that there's like... an actual person trapped inside banging on the door from the inside!

I walk closer to the locker and turn the key that is still being stuck inside of the lock, then yank the door open.

Only for a pissed off looking Marshall to pop out of there, slamming hard on the floor face first.

"Oh my God!!" I exclaim, covering my mouth with my hands as I drop my textbooks on the floor.

"Fuck," Marshall mutters angrily as he slowly gets back up on his feet, dusting himself off. He looks angry and flustered as he frantically looks around, blue eyes landing on mine and he turns red, looking embarrassed now.

"Marshall," I take a step towards him, completely forgetting that I'm late for my history class now. "Who did this shit to you?"

"What shit yo?" He replies, angrily now. "I just uh... I got stuck in my locker by an accident, aight?" He mutters.

"Oh seriously?" I raise one eyebrow up at him sarcastically, the realization dawning on me right away. "Marshall, did DeAngelo lock you in there?"

"What?! Nah," he spits out, looking away from me.

Only for me to notice something else now. One of his eyes is swollen and is starting to bruise up.

"God, Marshall," I sigh, stepping closer to him. I feel so bad now because I know DeAngelo did this to him because of me.

Marshall's backs away from me, turning his face away from me, but I grab a hold of his chin gently and force him to look at me. His eye really isn't looking good at all.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry about that," I mumble.

"Sorry about what, sweetheart? I fucking fell," Marshall says stubbornly then, moving away from me once again and I roll my eyes at him.

"You fell. Really, Marshall?" I sigh.

"Yep. I slipped and fell," he shrugs.

"You fell right into your locker then? And then the door just happened to close and lock behind you?" I ask.

"Yep," he confirmed stubbornly. "Shit happens, ya know?"

"Sure it does," I roll my eyes. "Marshall, why the hell are you lying for? I know DeAngelo did this to you, why you covering up for him? Are you scared of him?"

"I what yo?!" He gives me a dirty look then. "Trust me sweetheart, I ain't scared of nobody."

"Then why..."