Warnings and gatorade

By the time we got to school, it was right before 4th period, the only class we don’t have together. 

He left me at my locker, leaving me to fend for myself. 

I stopped by the bathroom on my way to calculus. 

Stopping at the sink the fix my hair in the mirror, I saw Vanessa walk in, drinking a Gatorade. 

“Oh hey Juliet! I didn’t see you there!” She sneered snottily.

She came up behind me and pulled on my hair. 

“I told you to stay away from Eli, and you didn’t listen.” I didn’t know what happened to me, I couldn’t move, I was so scared my body just went immobile. 

“Maybe this will serve as a little warning,” She pushed my head down so it hit the edge of the counter, then she promptly poured her drink on me. 

I felt like it seeped through to my bones. 

As a parting gift Vanessa pulled my hair so hard that I felt it tear out.  Once I heard the door shut I crumpled to the ground, sobs spilling from my body. I felt someone’s arm on mine, trying to get me to stand up. I knew it wasn’t Eli so I looked and it was Bev, “Come on, let’s go.” 

I stood shakily up and she led me outside. 

Once I went through the doors to the girls bathroom I felt comforting arms engulf me. This time I knew it was Eli. 

I buried my head into his chest and cried into his shoulder. 

I felt him pick me up, cradling me. I blocked everything out but the feeling of his arms around me. 

The next thing I knew we were at my house, he grabbed the key from my back pocket and led us up to my room. By then the tears had stopped and I was barely shaking anymore. 

He sat us down on my bed and he just held me while I calmed down enough to talk. 

“Are you okay?” I nodded. “Can you tell me what happened?”

“Vanessa.” My voice sounded shaky. ”I was in the bathroom and she came in and told me that this was her final warning to stay away from you.”

Eli tensed around me and I could tell he was furious. 

“I’m going to talk to her at school tomorrow.”

“No don’t, I don’t want any more attention on me.”

“Juliet! She can’t get away with this.”

“Eli, please just let it go, I can deal with it.” He still wasn’t budging. “For me?” 

He didn’t say anything for a couple minutes then finally, “Okay fine. I’d do anything for you.” 

I kissed him lightly on the lips, but like always, it escalated. One light kiss turned into a full on make-out session. I tugged on the bottom of his shirt, pushing it up to expose more skin. He helped me by pulling it off and throwing it across the room. 

I moaned when I felt his muscles. I moved my lips down to nibble at his throat. He groaned and I kept moving down, to his collar-bone. I sucked at a sensitive spot right under his collarbone. He grew impatient and brought his lips back to mine. 

I pushed him back so I was on top of him. 

His hands wandered to the bottom of my shirt. He tried to push my shirt up but I immediately drew away. 

I didn’t want him to see me. My body was disgusting; it was so skinny, too skinny. My hipbones and rib poked out at unnatural places. 

“I’m so sorry Juliet, I tried to go too far. I just got carried away-“