《 Chapter 11: The Great Wall Race 》

After getting back from traveling, Mk and others were thrilled to see her and Chiang okay. What they didn't expect is seeing Bai He with them as Nuo introduced her to them. They pretty much get along well. The next day, Nuo and Bai He watches as Mk and Mei were gawking at the TV as the commercial starts.

"Once a year, this city becomes more than a city. Once a year, these streets become more than streets. This year... the winner... will become... immortal!"

The screen cuts and zooms out to show a giant trophy shaped as a Peach of Immortality. It then fades to a television screen. MK and Mei gasp in unison.

"A Peach of Immortality!" Mk exclaimed.

"Huh?" Nuo tilted her head.

"Uh, peach of what now?" Pigsy asked in confusion.

Mk and Mei start ranting at Pigsy for not knowing what the Peaches of Immortality are, scaring him a little. Nuo looks at Bai He for an explanation, to which she receives a shrug. Tang clears his throat and interrupts the conversation, catching their attention.

"If you'll allow me! Legend says there is a sacred field of trees which grows in the Heavenly Realm, protected by the gods themselves. Every few thousand years, these trees bring forth the Peaches of Immortality. Against the wishes of the Heavenly Host, the Monkey King took them all, making himself immortal!"

"Hold up. I thought Monkey King was already immortal." Pigsy said even more confused.

"Maybe he wants to be more powerful?" Nuo guessed.

"Piggy, you're missing the point! Whoever wins this race will live forever!" Mei exclaimed.

Before they knew it, they were outside the shop as Mei's motorcycle is out in front.

"This is huge! Those other racers won't stand a chance!" Mk exclaimed in excitement.

"Right? I know the track like the back of my hand! The back alleys, front alleys, sideway alleys. All the alleys! I was made for this!" Mei said happily, posing on her motorcycle.

Nuo smiles at their enthusiasm while Bai He giggled.

"Yep! I'm totally gonna win this thing." Mk said suddenly.

This shocked both Mei and Nuo while Bai He blinksd. Nuo knows for sure that Mei is racing, but Mk?

"Wait, what? You're not racing. I'm racing. You've watched me trained for months! This should not be a surprise." Mei said, glaring at him.

"Oh, yeah, uh, I just thought you were doing that stuff for me." Mk said.

"But that bike doesn't even match your color..." Nuo deadpanned as Mei glared at him menacingly.

"But upon reflection, that doesn't make much sense." he quickly corrected himself, looking scared.

"How would you even-? Ugh! There is no way you'd beat me."

Nuo doesn't like where this is going and move Bai He back a bit.

"Uh, I so too could beat you. I'm a delivery boy, pretty sure I know how to drive real good." Mk argued back.

Mei blew out a raspberry in frustration.

"Guys, c'mon. It's just a race. Let's just have fun, right? Like you guys always say?" Nuo tried to calm them down.

They saw Tang and MK and Mei stop him from leaving the noodle shop with a small flag, ignoring Nuo.

"Mr. Tang, who's the better driver? Mei, or me?"

Mk gasps and notices the Mei flag Tang has.

"This is very uncomfortable." Tang sweatdropped then running off.