《 Chapter 5: Bad Weather 》

Today Nuo is right now holding a bag, heading towards the Weather Station that Mei told her so much and that it's a great place for a swim, relaxing, etc. She's eager to go there until now as she stands in front of the glass sliding door. She looks up at the building hesitating for a moment before taking a step forward.  She was amazed at the sight before her.

"Welcome to the Weather Station, where you'll notice it's another beautiful day. Here at the Weather Station, we control the city's weather to bring you a perfect day every day."

Nuo could see the people either relaxing, swimming, snowboarding, taking selfies together, etc. This is paradise where they don't have to worry about traveling the world to go on their vacations. She looks around in awe as she finds a pool area and goes over there. She places her bag on the mat that was placed on for everyone where the umbrella is before taking off her clothes to reveal her blue swimsuit.

 She places her bag on the mat that was placed on for everyone where the umbrella is before taking off her clothes to reveal her blue swimsuit

Nuo takes a deep breath and sighs. She was about to go for a swim when she spotted a familiar girl with a pink headband. Nuo walks over to see her sitting on the edge with her feet inside the water, looking at the reflection of herself.

"Bai He?"

Bai He gasped and turned to see her. She immediately looked happy.

"Hi, Nuo!"

Nuo sits down next to her.

"What's up? I never knew you like going to Weather Station."

"It's a good place for me to be at peace and relax. Though, it made me sad to see everyone having a family." Bai He said, frowning at the sight of the mom and dad with their little kid.

Nuo sees that and pats her on the head.

"Hey, don't be. Say, how about we go for a swim? It'll help keep your mind of it. Trust me, it works and it helps me a lot."

Suddenly, Bai He looks nervous and stares at the water.

"Hmm? What's wrong? Don't you like to swim?"

She quickly shook her head.

"No, no, it's not like that. It's just... um..."

"Hey, it's okay. You can tell me anything. You can trust me."

Bai He whimpers like she's about to burst until she finally lets it out.

"I don't know how to swim!"

Nuo looks shocked.

"What? Really? Everyone knows how to swim. You've been around the city your entire life; didn't anyone teach you if they're tasked to keep an eye on you?"

"No, not really. They never taught me anything. Some say the ocean is the dangerous place and that there are sharks out there. And we never had the money for lessons, so I never got a chance to learn. All I could is just... stare at the water."