《 Chapter 8: Noodles or Death 》

At the market, Nuo is out shopping with Pigsy and Tang to get some food supplies for the noodles while getting some fruits for herself. Pigsy admires the carrot he's holding.

"Ho ho! Now, this is a beautiful carrot! Couple more finds like this baby, and we're golden!"

Tang grabs the carrot and takes a good look at it with a hum before deadpanning.

"Looks the same as the last 20,000 carrots we've looked at!"

Pigsy takes back the carrot.

"Give me that! I wouldn't expect you to appreciate a fine carrot like this. You ain't no culinary genius, like me!"

Nuo giggles.

"He's not wrong."

"See? Even she agrees since she has a love for cooking, unlike you!"

As Tang and Pigsy bickered, Nuo continued looking around the shop areas, remembering the time when Sisu took almost everything without buying them as she claims to have "credits." Oh, the good old times. But Nuo is not going through that again as she buys this time. Nuo buys some durian that reminds her of Talon when she, Raya, and Sisu traveled there to collect another shard of the dragon gem. She also buys mangosteen, which is the fruit she tries when she goes into the palace of the Heart where Raya lives. Nuo then spots something particular as she approaches the stand to see a fruit. It has textured, scaly pink or yellow skin. She squints her eyes at the sight.

"What is that?"

Suddenly, a presence comes next to her.

"Oh, that's dragon fruit."

Nuo jumps at the new voice and turns to see a stranger in a dark blue cloak. The hood covers their face, but Nuo could immediately detect a woman's voice. Though her presence is rather odd, and she never noticed her approaching as she could sense a hint of... dragon.

"Dragon fruit, you say? They don't look like one." Nuo asked.

A woman in a dark blue cloak smiled.

"The name 'dragon fruit' is derived from its unique appearance, where the spikes resemble fire and the scales resemble that of a dragon. When you cut it, they reveal to have small crunchy black seeds. It's kinda like a texture of a kiwi. The actual flavor, however, tastes like something in between a pear and a kiwi. It's delicious. You should try it."

Nuo was surprised by this new information and is interested.

"Oh, thanks. Maybe I'll try."

She then buys some dragon fruits as the seller thanked her.

"Mind if I join you?" the mysterious woman asked.

Nuo hesitates as she finds this woman suspicious, but at the same time, she's curious to know what kind of dragon she is under that disguise.

"Um... sure. I'm just gonna need to buy a few more fruits, but we can talk along the way."

"Sounds perfect."

Nuo then buys longans, bananas, and coconuts that remind her of Kumandra while talking to the woman along the way she learns her name is Li Jing and she also introduces herself while trying the dragon fruit. Her eyes widen in awe at the new taste of the dragon fruit.

"Wow điều đó thật tốt!!"

Li Jing perks up at that new language.

"You speak Vietnamese?"

"I picked up a few words from... my brothers and sisters." Nuo said, almost spilling her secret about her dragon family.

"Brothers and sisters? Tell me about them." Li Jing said.