Chapter 22

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Athena's POV
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I opened my eyes to a strange room. My head hurt a little, but my leg above my knee fury like crap. I sat up and looked around. I sighed when I remembered I was at the house for the party. I still couldn't remember anything after I popped that guy's head with a bottle.

Did I ever find Lukas?

I wondered, looking down at the bed for the first time.

I saw a red spot on the sheet. I threw the sheet off to reveal me jeans were bloody and the sheet was spotted with blood that had bleed though... Minnie Mouse bandages?

I would love to know what I missed.

Where's Lukas? Why do I have a feeling that I did something wrong? Oh dear gosh. I really hope drunk me is still smart.

I swung my legs around and stood up slowly, carefully easing my weight onto my injured leg.

I half-limp, half-walked to the door.

I reached my hand out to open the door, but just as I did, the door flung open with Lukas on the other side.

He looked down at me and smiled. I did something last night, judging by that smile.

"What?" I asked.

He bit his lip. "Nothing."

I rolled my eyes. Thanks for being so open.

I pushed past him to the door. "Can we leave? Ash is going to freak."

"Chill, it's still 6:30 in the morning. We'll leave in a minute." He sighed.

"6:30? And you're awake? Wow, I'm impressed." I said, genuinely.

"Impressed enough to kiss me?"

"I'm no longer impressed."

He let out a small chuckle before reaching into his pocket and pulling out the keys.

"Are we finally leaving?" I asked.

"Yup. If you can get the keys." He said, holding the keys above his head.

"No fair, your taller."

I rolled my eyes before coming up with a plan. Self defence skills are about to come in handy.

Muhahahaha. (Cower in fear, now.)

I ran behind him, before he could react, I jumped on his back. As I did, I stuck my elbows into the pressure points on his shoulders.

He let out a girly shriek and fell to the ground.

I snatched the keys from his hand and dangled them in front of Lukas. "You were saying?" I asked innocently.

"Fine, but you're driving." He smiled.

"Okay then." I said, walking out of the room.

I was actually shocked and baffled... No, astonished by the amount of sleeping people and red cups sprawled all over the place.

I stepped through the maze of messiness to the door, Lukas right behind me.

When I opened the door, I nearly puked. The boy I had knocked out was still on the porch.

He had a little bit of blood around him and a lot of glass.

"Oh sh¡*." I whispered, covering my eyes. "I did that. What if I killed him? What if-if in a murderer?" I asked, shaking my head franticly at the thought.