Chapter 3

I slipped into the shower, quickly rinsing my hair.

"Thena! Get out of the shower, they will be here any minute!" James called.

"Fudge!" I whispered to myself.

I rinsed the conditioner out of my hair.

I slipped out of the shower, double checking to make sure the door was locked before I dropped my towel to the floor and slid into a T-shirt and shorts.

I would have normally favoured jeans, but it was really hot out.

I heard muffled conversations through the door. It was all vague, but I think I heard something about salad.

Maybe not.

I buttoned my shorts and ran a few fingers through my hair.

I starred at my reflection, smoothening out my T-shirt and fixing the part in my soaking wet hair.

I didn't bother to blow dry it, it would take too long.

I opened the bathroom door.

I walked down the hall into the kitchen.

My brother's best friend, Samuel or Sam for short, was leaning over the kitchen counter on his phone.

He was texting vigorously.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"My girlfriend. I'm telling her that I will meet her at the airport in 20. She's coming with me to London." He gushed.

"Awe," I cooed. "Aren't you staying for dinner?"

"Nah, her mum booked us tickets so that her uncle, who lives in London, can pick us up." He said, declining the offer.

I had known Sam since 5th grade, he had always told my about his brother, but I had never met him.

I guess I was kinda excited. I was just praying that his brother would be nice.

"Where's your brother?" I asked, awkwardly.

"He just went down for a load of his stuff with Jamey." He answered.

"Oh. Is it okay if I go get my friend, she lives upstairs? She wanted to meet your brother." I asked.

"Sure." Sam smiled. "Just... Be back soon. I can't wait for you to meet Lu- I mean my brother." He corrected.

I ignored it and jogged to the door.

I quickly ran out of the room and pressed the red button.

"Wait!" Someone called. "Can you direct me to the rooms in the 20s, please."

I looked up at him

My jaw dropped. "Lukas?" I asked.

"Athena. Good to see ya." He said.

I walked closer. "Why are you here?" I asked.

"I'm moving here." He said.

I opened my mouth to speak.

Uh... Moving. The 20s rooms?

The universe can't be that mean. Oh, bloody heck, no. "W-would you happen to be moving into room 27?" I asked.

"Uh... No." He paused.

Thank goodness. I would just have an awful new neighbour-

"Wait. Did you say room 27?" He asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yes." I said slowly. Oh gosh no.

"Oh, well, then, yes." he said.

"Thena, welcome our new roommate." James said, walking up.