Chapter 10

That's kinda funny, no one really likes me at school. I mean, Aiden was acting like he just met me...

He was in almost all of my classes last year.

I have always been the girl that's geeky and invisible.

I hung out a lot in the library and occasionally the teacher's lounge.

Ashley and I are the only students allowed in the teacher's lounge...

When your outcastes geeks/teachers pets it's bound to happen sometime.

I let out a sigh and crawled out of the pool.

I dragged myself onto my beach chair and put on my sunglasses.

What am I forgetting, I am forgetting something. I thought.

I couldn't put my finger on it, but-

"Aren't you going to ask me to help you put on your sunscreen?" Lukas' comment interrupted my thoughts.

Sunscreen! I was forgetting sunscreen.

Duh.

"Keep dreaming, moron. That's one of the reasons I invited Ash." I fired back.

I handed Ash the sunscreen and she rubbed it on my back.

Meanwhile, I rubbed it on my arms, legs and neck.

"Now you." I said to Ash, reaching for the sunscreen to do her back.

"Nah," She declined. "I'm taking the offer from Lukas, but thanks." She told me.

She must have seen my surprised look, because she felt the unexplainable need to say, "What? He's hot."

I rolled my eyes as Lukas walked over with a large grin on his face.

"Aren't you going to get in the water?" Aiden asked, jumping into the water with a large splash.

"I literally was just in." I said.

"But that was only for a minute because Lukas dragged you in." He pointed you out.

"Maybe in a minute." I said.

"But you'll only want to do it as you get more relaxed." He pouted.

"Do you need me to step in here?" Lukas asked, looking up from applying sunscreen to Ash's back.

I said, "No," at the exact time that Aiden said, "Yes."

"I'll go with the boy's opinion." He said, finishing up Ash's back.

"That is so sexist!" I protested.

"Too bad. I just really want to throw you in." He said, standing up and grabbing me.

"It stuns me how easily you can pick her up." Ash said with a smile.

"Please! I bench press double her weight." He bragged.

I rolled my eyes.

I really didn't pay much attention to the fact he was lifting me up.

We had known each other for less than 24 hours and this was already a habit.

I stayed completely still as he tossed me in.

Came out of the water with a quick gasp.

Had we really only met 24 hours ago? It felt like I had known him forever, like yesterday was an eternity...

I guess it's just like that when you have to deal with that much testosterone.

"So..." Aiden said awkwardly. "Can I ask for that story in a little more detail. You know, the robber?"