Chapter 7

I woke up to the sound of someone's breathing.

I slowly became aware of my surroundings...

I screamed. Yep, that's what I did.

I'm pretty sure you would too if you were in my shoes.

When I had opened my eyes. I was welcomed by Lukas' face being a few inches from mine.

Having woken up just seconds ago, I still thought I was in bed, rather than on the grassy clearing.

I was mortified because his arms were around my waist and he was peacefully asleep...

Next to me.

And there I was, still thinking I was in my bed...

And that's why I screamed.

Can you blame me? Well, if you can blame me, you have a disturbing mind.

As soon as he heard my scream, his eyes shot open, but he didn't let my go and jump back in surprise; instead, he just stayed there, frozen.

I wonder what he thought about this. I wonder what Ash would think about this...

Speaking of which, where was she?

I was startled from my thoughts when Lukas finally decided to stop being frozen like an idiot.

The next thing he did was more idiotic.

He listened his grip on me, but only for a second, before he lifted me up by the waist. He stood up, taking me with him, then raised me up into the air.

"Put me down!" I yelled.

"Nope! I wanna have some fun first." He said, shifting his holding on me to pick me up bridal-style.

I shrieked, half out of terror and half out of excitement.

He swung me around again, forcing me to wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

I gripped tighter when he leaned over, making me nearly fall off.

He stood up abruptly, forcing our faces to be a few inches apart.

I didn't move because I was scared to death that I would fall.

He didn't move for some reason or another.

I felt tempted to lean back and put some distance between us, but if I did, I would fall, and my bum already hurt from falling out of the tree earlier.

I could feel his breath against mine.

It was heavy and fast, as was mine, because he had just swung me around.

His breath smell led like the minty gum that I have given him earlier.

It was at that moment that I realized that I was focusing way too much on his breath.

He finally moved forward, placing his for head against mine.

I wanted to ran away, but I couldn't.

He began to whisper softly, "You don't seem to be struggling, does that mean that you're giving me permission to kiss you?"

"Keep dreaming." I snorted.

"Oh, I will, but first I need something to dream about." He said, slowly, leading forward.

Crap! He was gonna kiss me!

When our lips were only an inch apart, I realized that falling to the ground wasn't such a bad idea.