Chapter 2 - Heaven Help Us

Picture of what Frank CURRENTLY looks like >>>

"Hear the sound, the angels come screaming. Down your voice, I hear you've been bleeding. Make your choice, they say you've been pleading. Someone save us!" ~ Heaven Help Us

************

[WARNING: Slightly Gorey Scenes ahead]

I regained consciousness only to be greeted by a splitting headache. My hearing was muffled and my body felt numb. My eyelids fluttered open to a flickering orange light coming from beside me. As my body regained feeling, my hand moved up to my head, tenderly touching it. I felt something wet and pulled my hand in front of my face to see a dark liquid on my fingertips.

Fuck.

I was bleeding.

I sat up cautiously, paying keen attention for any sharp pain in my body to signify broken bones or other injuries. I was sore, but nothing jumped out at me. I must've gotten lucky.

The first thing I noticed was that I was sitting on the wall of the bus. It took me a second to realize that the bus was on its side. What the fuck? Were we in an accident?

Fuck.

The walls of the bus were bent, ripped and broken, beaten in on itself. The windows were shattered and glass littered the wall. My muffled hearing began to clear as the smell of smoke began to choke my lungs. My head whipped to the front of the bus, causing my head to spin momentarily as my eyes landed on the growing orange flames consuming the wreckage.

Oh fuck.

My eyes darted around the bus in search of the guys or anyone. When I didn't see anyone, I realized that if the guys were here, they'd be in the other part of the bus, near the bunks. I started to push myself into a crouching position when I felt a searing sharp pain in my thigh. I involuntarily yelped in pain and looked down to determine the culprit.

A large piece of mangled metal, approximately the size of my hand, was impaled in my leg.

Son of a fuck.

The bleeding was minimal, but I knew if I took it out it would be much worse. And I couldn't afford to lose consciousness. I had to find the guys first. I could worry about it later.

I bit down hard on my lip and took the pain for what it was as I began to drag myself to the back of the bus. It was rather difficult to get over the obstacles of shelves and other such things that would normally be on the wall, but I managed. The pain in my leg began to numb as I continued to ignore it, focusing on finding the others.

As I pulled myself/crawled into the back part of the bus, I first saw the unconscious body of a man with curly brown hair. I pulled myself over to him and quickly glanced over his body in search of major injuries. When I found none, I relaxed a bit as I noticed the steady rise and fall of his chest.

He was alive.

I gently shook his shoulder, trying to wake him. It would be very difficult to get everyone out if I was the only one awake.

He groaned as his eyes snapped open.

"Ray, we have to get out," I began to ramble in a panic. "The bus is on fire. I think we were in an accident. We have to find the others and -" He cut me off.

"Hey, hey, hey, calm down. It'll be okay. We'll find the others and get out. Are you hurt?"

I shook my head. "No," I lied.

He began to sit up slowly. "Does anything hurt?" I asked him, going into EMT mode. He shook his head.

"No. I'm sore, but I'm okay I think. Holy shit, Sky, you are hurt!" He said as his eyes landed on the metal in my leg. I shot him a look.