Chapter 18: close call

Location 17 kilometers northwest of Sasebo

A long gun barrel could be seen poking out of a mountain side. It was in a rectangular hole carved into a mountain side. It seemed to point northwards towards the Dragon Empery. It turned slowly to the northeast, and seemed to lower slightly. It looked very menacing as blue looking particles started to be sucked into the barrel. The barrel itself had to be at least a meter thick.

Inside a control room could be seen and soldiers were at computers controlling the gun. A satellite image of Southern Yamato could be seen on one of the computers. The man at the computer seemed to be controlling a targeting sight, and made sure it stayed on Southern Yamato's ship.

Then a voice could be heard over the radio saying "charging started! ETA Twenty minutes!"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Location Tianjin

The city of Tianjin was in a panic as Southern Yamato's ship sailed closer to the port. The city received an evacuation order as Southern Yamato, alongside her fleet of five Yamato class, and Monster Abyssals got closer and closer to the city.

"How are we going to get to Beijing?" Yahagi asked "there isn't a large enough river that reaches it"

Yahagi and Southern Yamato could be seen on Southern Yamato's ship near turret one. She sighed "Beijing is about 140 kilometers from Tianjin. Supporting portals will be little strain on me"

Yahagi jumped up and now sat on the left most gun of turret one "I wonder how the Dragon Empery will react to their capital city getting blown to pieces"

"Not the whole city. The attack is focused on their main capital building. Apparently they've been having meetings much more frequently because of the war. If so, then many of their heads will be killed"

"But what about those who take power after they die?"

"The Dragon Empery is actually rather weak, especially now. Once the head is cut off, even if there's a power vacuum, the leaders will fight over who will lead the country. Their military relies on there to be a head. The leader of the Dragon Empery is the only pillar left holding the country together"

Southern Yamato now seemed to stop her ship, and the fleet formed a defensive ring around her. Her aura flared around her ship. Yahagi seemed to be in awe of the aura, and reached out towards them.

Southern Yamato smiled seeing how Yahagi was reaching for her aura. But now she grew serious and looked in the direction of Tianjin. "Today the Dragon Empery... shall fall"

She sighed before three portals opened up around the fleet, but they were underwater. Water rushed through the portals and soon three whirlpools were formed. Each portal was at least 40 meters across, and the whirlpools were massive.

One of Yahagi's ears twitched as she was confused "why are you making the portals underwater, Yammy?"

"Shells might be powerful" Southern Yamato said as she looked to Yahagi, "but the unstoppable force of water is MUCH more dangerous" now she looked at one of the whirlpools.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Location Beijing, Tiananmen Square

The entire square was flooded as the three portals dumped millions of liters of water. Anything in the way of the rushing water was obliterated. In seconds the relatively peaceful day in Beijing was shattered, as the water started flooding rapidly. In just a few seconds there were a few dozen deaths, many more would follow.