Our Night

(POV will switch around throughout this chapter)
(HAILEY POV) (Friday)

Me and Milly were in my room doing our makeup  and finishing off getting ready in my room. Both smiling away at the thought of tonight.

H- are you more nervous or excited?
M- honestly I don't even know.
H- tell me about it!

I heard the sound of a car pulling up, sounding a bit like Jake's worn down hand me down car.

H- you think that's them?
M- most likely.

I heard a knock on the door.

Z- guys! Everyone is here!
H&M- Coming, one minute!

Jake, Luke, Elliot, Sean, and Daisy had all ridden here together. To take up less space. My dad insisted on getting us a limo, everybody was treating this simple formal like it was prom. Did they not go to the formals in middle school?

After what felt like a million photos our limo was finally here! We all climbed in the back like a nervous batch of bees. Honest, it was awkward.

D-(Daisy)- so who's excited?

We all sounded really bummed when we all said "me" as a group. Oh god.

The driver was probably already tired of us,

Driver- someone connect to the bluetooth.. let's get you guys hyped up!
H- I got you!

I put on my 2010's party playlist and we all  laughed and surprisingly all sung our hearts out to again middle school formal level stuff like
Baby, and Shake It Off but overall it was a good time. The night had only just began though.

After what felt like 2 seconds we pulled up to the school getting out 2 by 2 walking towards the door each thanking our driver as we went. I locked my arm in Jake's heart pounding. Nobody here knew about us yet. How would they react?
Relax. Hailey. Relax.

(Jake POV)
We opened the door to the loud cafeteria crowded with people either dancing or eating. Hailey looked petrified and was practically cutting the circulation from my arm.

J- Hailey, you're ok, calm down. Deep breath.

She listened taking deep breaths with every step, and then I knew why she was so scared. I saw Zoey and Lia staring daggers at us. Could they ever just back off?

J- Hailey, you know damn well nobody here matters. In the grand scheme of things it's just going to be our people in the long run.
H- I know, it's just... scary.

I know what she meant. People here are really judgey if I've learned anything in this lifetime.

J- wanna take a break? Step outside for a minute

She looked at me and nodded, and we rushed outside. She looked at me, eyes watery

H- I'm sorry... it's just being in there.. people looking...
J- kinda like stage fright, huh?
H- yeah, just not a severe. Still terrifying.
J- I get it.. tell me when you're ready to go back in
H- ok thanks.

She looked up at the sky and started taking deep breaths. She kinda looked like a goddess... huh.. really.. really hot. I know we have to go back before I get carried away.

J- Hailey?

She turned around fast

H- hm?
J- you ready to go back in
H- yeah, I guess.
J- I won't let go of you I promise.
H- thanks.