Silence

(Hailey's POV) Monday
This is the first time in a long time I've been in trouble like this.. grounded for 2 days.. not that bad I guess. I'm free from all of that today! I woke up prepared, covering my slowly disappearing hickey with what feels like a gallon of foundation. Can't believe who I am, a rebel... is that what it's called? I guess I'm not... This morning I decided to walk to school with Milly, hopefully she won't judge me the way Zander and mom did... dad on the other hand said I was growing up.. odd how that works. I knocked on Milly's door trying to look happy when her dad opened the door looking exhausted.

H- let me guess, Milly had her guitar on full volume last night.
MD- I'm afraid so.
H- get some rest! She's in my hands now.
MD- trust me I will.

Milly came running down the stairs and pushed her dad to the side

M- LOVE YOU DAD! Bye!
MD- NO FIGHTS THIS WEEK YOU HEAR ME?
M- NO PROMISES!
H- bye Mr. Brooks!
MD- keep an eye on her for me Hailey!

Milly was already on the sidewalk when I caught up.

H- you're fast.
M- so tell me why we're you grounded?! I don't think I've ever heard of Hailey Austin getting grounded!
H- it's... a long story.
M- and this is a long walk. SPILL.

I'm sure you've heard the story so time skip! 8 minutes later...

M- YOU DID WHAT! LET ME SEE!
H- Not now maybe after school, you have no idea how hard it was to cover.
M- I thought we were done with Jake
H- Zander just didn't let him talk again, it was an old video.. Zander's trust issues just got in the way.
M- makes sense... wait so does everyone know?
H- we still have to tell Sean.
M- then we will!
H- I know we will.
M- I honestly didn't know you could be such a rebel
H- I knew that was the word!
M- really.
H- what!
M- (laughing)
H- haha. Very funny.
M- I still am shocked so you know.
H- you don't sound shocked.
M- OMG I DEFINITELY DIDN'T EVER THINK YOU AND JAKE WOULD BE A THING.
H- Omg you didn't, I thought it was obvious.

We both cracked up as we reached the school's parking lot. We were a little behind the announcements.. but not so behind that we were late.

H- well see you at lunch period!
M- see ya!

I walked to my class and sat in my seat in the back corner, and I saw Jake in the front back facing Drew to the point he couldn't even see the board anymore. The teacher didn't seem amused.
T- Is there something wrong Jake?
J- yes, actually. Can I switch seats.
T- why?
J- I don't want to sit next to a fake person.
T- (sigh) alright back there.

The teacher pointed at the table I was at. Shit.

J- thanks.
T- you're not moving again, you hear me?
J- yes.

He came and sat next to me smiling but still refusing to talk. Weird.

H (whisper)- did I do something wrong?

No answer, must be zoned out. I guess I'll just focus.

A little while later..

The bell rang and everyone left class. Jake went out without a word, but he still didn't look mad and he called someone.. I know it's not my business but what could possibly make him ignore me and smile like that? Am I paranoid?!
I walked toward my next class before I remembered he was my lab partner next class.

1 minute later

I walked into class and sat down. Waiting for my smiley ass lab partner to sit down. But the teacher called him to the front and he walked right back out. She walked up to me next

T- you'll be working with me today Hailey, your partner had to leave early.
H- oh, okay.

He left early?! He's being really weird.

(In the music room)

H- hey guys!
M- wassup
S- hey Hailey!
H- where Zander and Luke?
M- they went somewhere, told us that we'll just skip practice today.
H- weird. Why is everyone leaving early today.

They looked at each other smirking like they new something I don't.

H- what
S- we're just thinking of this weird joke Milly made in the Hallway
M- yeah (laugh)
H- let's hear
M- TOP SECRET! Me and Sean's new inside joke!
S- exactly.
H- fine.

I sat down with them and we went through some sample audios trying to pick our favorites. Mine had to be this one that kind of reminded me of an Ed Sheeran beat... oh great I'm at it again. Then it hit me! Every great artist has a love song that they make about the love of their life.

H- I'm inspired, hand me my book please Sean
S- here you go!
H- thanks!

I got to work writing a song about our songs, and our secret love. It would definitely take awhile to do but I had a base and that's what I'm gonna edit around.

H- alright first draft done!
S- is it written to one of my audio samples?
H- yes.. what's that one that's similar to Galway Girl?
S- Kiwi.
H- Huh, odd name but yes! That one. I'll keep working on it but can you send me that one?
S- of course, sending now!
H- thanks!
M- I'm excited! Are you gonna sing it?
H- maybe.
M- YAY!!

Bell of hell- DINGGGGG

M- already?! Anyone wanna skip?
S- you're not skipping math Millicent Brooks.
M- fine.
H- see you guys later.

Crap I forgot to tell Sean, it did sound like Milly already told him though.

Only a few more classes left and I'm out of here! Maybe I'll find out why Zander left so early.. and maybe even Jake. Today is a weird day.