"Library work" *wink* *wink*

(Hailey's POV)
I waited for the club to leave, I told them I was staying behind because I promised to help out in the library. It was quite a good excuse, but only a one time use. I checked the hall after they left and headed to where me and Jake planned to meet. I searched for him for a moment until I heard something behind me...
Jake- boo!
Hailey- Ah. so scary.
We laughed for a minute, and then I looked into his eyes. God, what a gorgeous shade of brown.
Jake walked to the door, and pulled it open
Jake- After you princess
Hailey- why thank you.
We looked around to make sure nobody was around, I couldn't risk losing this. We started toward the park, when I saw someone up ahead.
Jake- Shit, I think we forgot Milly lives down this road.
Hailey- It's okay, we can go down the next street over.
We rushed down the long way careful not to be seen, this was the path Zander took home and if I was going to dodge one person entirely it would be him.
Jake-looks like we made it!
Hailey- finally, I might already be exhausted
Jake- tell me about it.
Hailey- let's go over there!
We took off running to this tree that I used to climb when I came here with my mom when I was small, I miss her so much.
Hailey- this is my favorite tree
Jake- it does seem like the perfect climbing tree.
Hailey- I used to climb up there every Saturday, the branches are so thick almost anyone can get up there if they wanted to.
Jake- wanna go up there?
Hailey- Is that even a question!
We got up the tree to the largest branch that looked a bit like a bench.
Jake- this is crazy, does anyone else know about this?
I went silent, did I really want to tell him? My eyes started to water.
Hailey- well, my mom did. She took me here every weekend, see.
I pointed at a carving in the tree that said "Hailey and mommy best friends forever"
Jake- you were pretty close, huh?
I nodded and started to sob, Jake pulled me in for a hug and I cried even harder. I really needed that right now. We sat there for awhile just us without anyone else's opinion.
Jake- how do you feel hail?
Hailey- much better, thanks.
I looked at my watch and realized just how long we had been there, we left the building at 3:30 and it was almost 5
Hailey- oh gosh, we should probably head back, I told them I'd be back home by 5.
Jake- time really goes by quick doesn't it?
Hailey- it really does.