Chapter 2

The house looks so royal but as far as Waleeda could remember, her father didn't tell her that they belong to any royal family of Kano.

But the way the large majestic statue of the late Kano king stood still in the middle of the house with a small amount of water surrounding the fountain , the way the two-way road in the house is filled  with beautiful trees and a man watering the already green flowers, this all  looks like royalty but still Waleeda shrugged the thought away.

Her father was shown where to park his car at the parking lot by the same gateman that opened the gates for them and beside her father's black Peugeot, Waleeda saw many other exclusive looking cars arranged in the parking lot, the ones that definitely can't be compared to her father's car due to how expensive the cars look.

For a moment even Abubakar felt a little bit ashamed to park his old car close to these good looking ones, but that look of shame didn't last even for a minute as he returned his proud face back. That's Abubakar for you,he's hardly ever ashamed of who he is.

Abubakar parked the car in a potential motion and stepped out straightening his cloth, Waleeda copied her father's action by stepping out of the car too.

"lets go." Abubakar said to his daughter before starting to walk ahead of her without stopping as if he already knows the way.

Waleeda predicted that he probably knows the way in this huge house so she followed behind him quietly deciding to trust him this once. They walked for minutes that Waleeda almost felt her legs aching.

Abubakar slowed his walking steps so that they can be waking side by side now.

"Remember , you've to greet every person you see." Abubakar said sternly to his daughter who then nodded in response.

Waleeda feels like a small child now, this is the one-hundredth times that her father is telling her this. To greet everyone,to give everyone a smile, to do this to do that as if she has one ear. For her father to be this adamant about the Muhsins' family then they must be so rich. They must have something that her father likes more than life itself, money.

Abubakar noticed the small frown on his daughters brown skinned forehead so he continued talking "oh and always smile to anyone you see there."

Waleeda simply nodded with a small forced smile that still showed her deep dimples. They kept on walking until they reached a tall black painted wall facing them.

Abubakar turned right and left in confusion . He saw a gardener cutting the long flowers of that particular side of the house so he walked towards him with Waleeda following closely behind.

"Sorry mallam, Please can you direct me to the inner part of the house ?" Abubakar asked the gardener who then raised his head , sweats dropping from his forehead as he replied .

"Bana yin turanci, kayi hausa Dan Allah ( I don't speak English, please speak Hausa ) "
The gardener replied before turning his face to spit on one of the flowers  making Waleeda to scrunch her pretty small nose in disgust .

"Nasan maigidan sosai amma na bata ne a gidan, shi ne nake neman taimako ( I know the owner of the house a lot but I'm lost now and that's why I need your help ) . " Came Abubakar's reply in his native hausa tongue that came out swiftly, he replied impatiently as if he is running out of a given time.

The gardener dropped his tools before he starts to explain the direction as he demonstrate with his index finger.

Abubakar replied the gardener with a "thank you." after the demonstration and continued towards the direction the gardener told him.

At last, they came inside and knocked on the white colored door that is like the size of their own house gate. Along the door are many botanical flowers around which mostly include of fresh roses that looks like it's used to be watered every single day.

Like the other things they have seen in this house, this door is also painted white with the same golden designs on it.

The door was opened by a small boy, Waleeda couldn't stop looking at the boy that seemed to be 5 or 6 years old, even though he has a small scar on his right cheeks that's probably due to rough play, his angelic looks couldn't be ignored.

He has wide eyes with deep black colored iris and his curly black hair that just couldn't be ignored, not his full eye brows that looks just like that of Abubakar.

"Good morning ...."Waleeda greeted the small boy willingly with a smile. She has a knack for liking kids and most of the time kids like her back too.

Abubakar nudge his daughter lightly with his shoulder before whispering to her "When I say you should greet everybody I didn't include kids." he said to Waleeda as low as possible that the boy didn't even hear them. Waleeda internally rolled her eyes wondering what the problem is in greeting kids. He father is really something she can not detect.

The kid shifted for them to come inside which they did. Waleeda stepped into the house with hopeful heart. The inner part of the house is even more glorious, everything is colored pure white without a single stain. Waleeda thought With a kid in the house, yet everything stays white then he must be very calm.

There are in a very wide living room that has pure white couches and white tables with an apple made television that is not turned on yet. The living room has white curtains and white flower vases by the walls.

Waleeda walked and stood beside the white couch gazing around the room inquisitively.

"Go and tell your father that Abubakar is here." Abubakar said to the small boy who then furrowed his eyebrows before replying.

"Daddy is not at home ." his voice so small and sweet that will make one think that he's a girl.

Abubakar took some steps to sit down on the large white couch that's arranged in a big circle with a large white table in the center making it look like an island. He released a heavy sighed before saying "What of your mother ?"

"She is upstairs." The small boy replied with his normal small voice as he gave Abubakar a type of loom that says 'you are disturbing my peace . '

"Call her and tell her that Abubakar is here ! " Abubakar said to the small boy a little bit louder this time as he lean his back on the couch relaxingly.

The small boy turned and starts to walk towards a right corner majestically and slowly. As soon as his figure disappeared into the corner. Abubakar turned to his daughter and told her to sit down on the white couch which she quietly complied.

"I don't know the type of manners Muhsin taught his child ." Abubakar said to Waleeda who then turned to look at her father confused as ever.

"He couldn't even greet and he was saying 'Daddy' instead of 'Baba' " . Abubakar huffed as he replied.

Waleeda doesn't know what to say now, she personally didn't see anything wrong in calling your father 'Daddy' . But knowing that her father is a traditional man, she  know that stuffs like this might irritate him. At times she used to wonder how her mother tolerated her father for years.

"Both the two words mean the same thing ." Waleeda said in reply as if her father didn't know that it mean the same thing.

Abubakar parted his lips to release some words that probably would not have been nice but sharply stopped when he heard some footsteps coming from behind.

________________________________
Vote
Share
Comment