Today is the day

Carina's POV

I woke up and everything hit me at once. Today is the day my daughter is going away, I thought I was prepared but obviously I wasn't, nothing could prepare me to say goodbye to Gabriella for the next 3 months. She was going to England, France, Germany, basically the whole world. I can't believe that she is that a 4 year old running around our Italian home trying not to mix up her English and Italian, but now she is the most amazing, strongest and beautiful 14 year old I've ever met. I'm going to miss her so much but I'm so glad that Maya will be right here by my side though it all.

"What's up baby ?" Maya said to me as she put her arm around me as I cried. "I don't want her to leave" I said hugging her back. "I don't either, but you have to be strong for her, I know she is very excited but she has to be nervous too, to be gone for all that time, her coach said we can visit as often as we like and that's what we will do, at least twice a month we will be there in the front row cheering her on, the team said they would each like to go once and teddy told me at her and Own we're going to try to make it too, she won't be alone for very long" she tells me. "Your right, I can't cry, because if I cry, she will and then you probably will and no one wants to see your ugly cry baby face" I told her laughing. "Rude" she replied. "Okay but seriously you need to find out when Owen is going, I love teddy and her kids but I just hate seeing Owen" I told Maya. "I know you do but he treats Gabriella so kindly and she wants him to be apart of her life so you have to let them be father and daughter." She tells me. "Your right..... again, I'm sorry for being so dramatic" I say snuggling into her. "That's okay baby, now let's get our girl a nice breakfast made by her mama before she leaves"

Gabriella's POV

It was 6 months since I found out I made the team, I was so excited but last night I could not sleep. I was going to miss mom and mama so much, I've never been away from home more than 2 days and now I'm going for 3 months !!! However I had to push past it because this is my dream and I'm going to make the best of this great opportunity.

I got out of bed and got ready, I got into some comfy clothes for the journey and packed my last few things into my bags before heading downstairs. "Morning" I say as they both turn around and mam starts crying again. "Oh not again mama" I say as I walk up to her and give her a hug. "Please don't cry again, im going to miss you so much but I'm going to call you every day" I tell them as I hug them both as we wipe away our tears. "Sit down honey, mama has made you breakfast and everyone is going over in 30 minutes to say goodbye to you before the bus picks you up in about an hour, have you finished packing ?" She asks. "Thank you" I say as I sit down. "And I have but please can I have help carrying them down?" I asked. "Of course" mom said as she headed upstairs while I started eating.

About 30 minutes later the whole crew came over to say goodbye and shortly after owen, teddy, Leo and Allison arrived. "Hey Allison and Leo" I said to them as I hugged them. "We made you this" Leo said to me as he handed me a hand draw card with the 3 of us on the front few a few scribbles from Allison which in the middle read. 'Goodluck Gabriella love Leo and Allison' "awww thank you, this is so sweet, I'm going to take it with me so put on my wall" I tell them as I hugged them once more. "We also got you a little something too" teddy says handing me an envelope and a box. "There is some money in there for you to buy what ever you like" she says as I opened the box to find a Polaroid camera. "We want to see all the pictures you take so you will have these memories for a life time" my dad said to me. "And would you believe that it was my idea to get it, pretty smart if you ask me" he said to me. "Thanks dad, thanks teddy, I'm really going to miss you guys" I tell them as I hug them.

"And while we are on the topic of giving you gifts, this is from the whole of the team at station 19" vic said handing me a little box, when I opened it I found a little silver necklace with '19 for life' engraved on it, a tear left my eye. "Thank you guys, I love it so much" I told them as I put it on. "We actually got you something too bambina" mama said handing me a bear. "Aren't I a little too old for a bear?" I asked. "Press his right arm" mom said as I pressed it. "We love you so much Gabriella and we are so proud of you, go show them what a Deluca- Bishop is made of" the bear said in mom and mama voice, I couldn't help but cry. "I love you guys" I said hugging them.

"I love every single one of you guys here, thank you for always been there for me when I need help and for teaching me so much. I am really going to miss how 19 is one big family, how you guys care for me but also put me into place when I'm being an idiot, you guys have taught me so much and I will be forever grateful to be an honorary firefighter, and hopefully one day I will be apart of the team for real. I'm also going to miss Leo and Allison, how they run around me in circles every time I come and visit, and how teddy always makes fun of dad for every single little thing he does. But most of all I will miss my moms, you both have done so much for me and I will be forever grateful for the love you have given me. You have always suck by me for every decision I have made and I am truly grateful for everything single one of you. I will miss you all so much, I love you all" I told them all as I gave them all one final hug before grabbing my bag and heading to the bus.

I was crying, everyone was crying even Robert and Dean. As I stepped onto the first step of the bus I turned around. "Goodbye" I said as I blew a kiss and took my seat on the bus.

Today was the start of my new adventure.