Olympics

Maya's POV

"I'm going to go on a run baby" I said to Carina as I walked into the bedroom, carina getting ready for the day even though we both have the day off. "And then we can do something fun, we barley have the full day off together and alone" I said to her. "Are you sure you have to go on a run ?" She says to me with a sad face ? "I'm sorry I do. I need to keep up my fitness" I say to her. "Well can I come with you?" She asks as I burst out laughing. "You, Carina Deluca, want to come running with me?" I question her. "Yeah why not, I can run" she says to me. "Well if you want to you can, you better get changed then, I'm going to run an easy 10k today" I told her as her face dropped but she put on a fake smile. "Awesome" she told me as we both started to change.

Soon after we were both ready to go, I ate a protein bar but Carina claimed she didn't need one. I then filled up water bottles for us and walked out the door and we both started running. It wasn't at my normal pace but I didn't want to leave carina behind.

"I can't believe you do this everyday bambina" she tells me out of breath already. "Yeah well for a really long time running was basically my life, eyes forward, was what I was always taught, at the start running and going to the Olympics wasn't really my idea, it was my fathers, mason wasn't as good as me so he focused his attention on me. Training hours a day and being punished for not beating my time or coming 2nd, but after all that manipulation I was put through, I wasn't going to fail, I wasn't going to lose, I was going to get that Gold medal no matter what."
I said to her as I ran faster without knowing. "Bambina please" carina said to me as she grabbed my arm to stop me. "I'm sorry" she tell me. "For what" "for everything your father put you through, no kid should have to do that and be put through all that" I tell her. "It's....... It's okay, I got a gold medal out of it." I say. "Beijing 2008 right" she says to me. "Nope actually London 2012" I say to her. "Wait really ? How did it not know this !!!!" She said to me. "I think I told you." "No you didn't because I would have clicked, because I was there !!!!" "You've got to be joking" I said to her. "I'm not !!!" "Nope don't believe you" "well you better Believe me because I was there and I'm pretty sure I have the video on my laptop of the races" she said to me. "Okay your actually serious" I said to her. "How come you went" I asked. "Well Gabriella was 2 and I was having a tough time juggling everything about and I got to a point where I didn't think there was anything that would bring me back, and my friends could see that and decided to take me on a trip to London and one of their husbands looked after Gabriella, and when we were there one of my single friends ended up sleeping with one of the competitors and got the 4 of us free tickets, front row and everything, even got a tour !!" She told me. "Okay that's pretty cool" I told her.

"Okay enough about the Olympic let's get back to running. We are only half way" I told her. "But bambina I'm tried !!!!!!!!!" She said to me moaning. "I knew you would do this" I said to her. "You better make it up to me for this...... jump on" I said to her as I turned around so I could give her a piggy back. "Thank you bambina, love you" she said as she jumped on. "Yeah yeah love you too" I said to her as I started walking back to the house

After about 30 minutes We finally made it back. "Baby no offence but you are so heavy" I say as I drop her on the couch. "Okay that's kinda rude but thank you for carrying me" she said to me as she gave me a massive smile. "No problem" I said as I started to stretch out.

"Do you want to see the videos and photos ?" Carinas asked me as she grabbed her laptop and sat down on the couch. "Ooo go on then" I tell her as I sit next to her as she opens up the laptop.

After a lot of scrolling and looking through different folders she finally found the photos. "FOUND THEM" she says as she finally finds the folder called. 'London 2021' as opens it. "Carina you look so young and beautiful" I tell her as she smiles. "Thank you Bambina, now watch the video" she says to me as she plays it, the video is a bit shakey but I could make out some people. "Hey that's me." I said as I pointed to a runner. "You also look so young !" She tells me as we watch the video "and she scores the gold" I shout as I make it first over the line as carina claps. "I actually can't believe you actually won a gold medal, where is it anyways I've never seen it." She asks me. "It's in my locker at work, it's just a reminder that I am who I am and I can achieve anything I want too" i say to her Smiling. "Aww that's so nice, but I need to see this medal next time I come to the station" she tells me. "Deal"

We then spend the next few minutes scrolling through the photos and selfies that she took. "Hang on go back" I say. "To which one" she asks. "This one" I say as I point to a selfie of carina and her friends. "What about it ?" She asks. "Look in the background" I say as she looks. "Oh it's you....... And you are staring at me" she says as she laughs. "Well what can I say, I've always been attracted to you, even in 2021 when u didn't know you" I tell her. "Well I've always been attractive bambina" she says as we both chuckle. "I can't believe it though, it actually so crazy that there is a photo of us 9 years before we met" I say. "It really is" she says. "Can you send me the photo I wanna sent it to the team" I ask her. "Sure bambina..... sent it..... now I have 2 hours before picking up Gabriella and I still need to repay you for carrying me all the way back" she tells me as she picks me up and carries me back to the bedroom.

————————
Sorry guys about this terrible chapter, I think it's the worst one I've ever written. Sorry
Please comment some things you would like to see in this story
Elle 🤍