Chapter 1

Calista's POV
I'm Calista Rose. I'm 17. I live with my sister but I stay in my room 24/7. She doesn't like it. I only talk to her and the rest of my family. I'm forced to leave my house for school. Sherry just wants me to be happy. I do too. I just don't let people in.

My trust issues began in 8th grade. I had a group of friends. We'd talk about what regular 14 year olds do. I let my trust in them get the best of me. They started bullying me. What really killed me was when, they barged into my room and tore down all of my posters.

They were laughing as they did it. I was running around my room trying to get them to stop. Sherry was yelling at them too. Their laughing got louder. When they were done, I fell to my knees and started looking at my floor. I started picking up the pieces. Sherry ran up to me and started hugging me.

"I'll buy you new ones."

The posters were all from magazines or regular large ones from the store. I picked the only intact thing up. It was just a piece of a face. A piece of Dean Rivera's face. I was so upset it was impossible for me to get out of bed the next day. It's a stupid reason to you probably but...it's not to me. Those posters made my room not look plain. They made my walls bright and colorful.

When it was taken away from me...I didn't know what to do. I went through every magazine in my room. I went through every box filled with posters.

Come on!

Come on!

There's gotta be some here!

I started crying. I couldn't find any other posters of bands, singers, actors, or actresses I liked. My secrets were being spread all over the school. I came home from school one day and my sister said, she had a surprise for me.

She brought me up to my room and it was covered in posters. The only time, I willingly leave my house is for concerts. Those are my happy place. I get to scream and cry without being judged by anyone.

I'm surrounded by people who are going through similar or worse things than me. I've met people at concerts and online. I don't say anything about my life. I lie and say, "I'm fine" when I'm actually dying inside.

I don't consider them to be my friends. I don't talk to them all the time. Everyone has lives while...I'm just stuck in my room. All day. Every day.