Hunter (POV)

• Dedicated to Zandro Amiel Ochona

PHOTO OF HUNTER ON THE SIDE >>>

“Have you found them?” Tathiannah asked.

“Not yet Miss Tathiannah.” A guard said.

“Well, what are you waiting for here?” Tathiannah shouted. “Get out there and look for them!”

“Tathiannah calm down.” Winter said. “There was no security breaches the whole day, there’s nothing to worry about.”

“We don’t know that, what if we miss something?” She asks. “What if something within the academy happened to them? What if they’re heavily injured?”

“Tathiannah, this is Huntress, I don’t think she’ll hold back when it comes to protecting Iahejlle.” Jaeson pointed out.

“Jaeson’s right.” Lei pointed out as she set down a couple of folders on Hunter’s table, “We should be worried of the people around her.” Tathiannah glared at her.

“Not helping Lei.” Winter said.

I sighed, “Winter is right Tathiannah, calm down.” I said. “Huntress just probably ran off and took Iahejlle with her.” I stared down at the papers that need to be signed and smiled, that would exactly be like Huntress. I shook my head, reminiscing all the trouble we were in when we were younger because she wanted to escape a lot.

“See, even Hunter is calm.” Winter pointed out. “Besides when they get hungry they’ll either come home or buy something; then we’ll find them.”

Tathiannah shook her head and sat down across me, “Huntress knows that and that’ll be the last thing she’ll do.”

I chuckled and they all turned to me. “Tathiannah’s right.” I looked back at them, “If Huntress doesn’t want to be found, she will never be found.”

“Hunter…” Tathiannah’s voice was filled with worry. I can’t really blame her, Huntress is trouble, newbie or not.

“Remember her thirteenth birthday?” I started.

Winter stifled a laugh, “When she was to be presented to the clan?”

I nodded, “She was missing the while night, she was never found until the next day. She fell asleep up on a tree just outside the balcony of the ballroom. Grandfather was so furious that I think it was the first time I saw him actually yell at her.”

“You are my successor! If you keep acting like this the whole family will be against you, don’t you understand that?”

“I do, but I don’t care.” She answered, bored. We were all called in with her- Tathiannah, Winter, Iahejlle, Dad, Dean, Albert and I. We watched as she gave a small yawn and slouched as she stared out the window. “I’ll be your successor whether they like it or not, and if I do have problems in the future, then I’ll deal with it then.”

I chuckled at the memory, it was so like her to never sit still in a party, especially one for her. “She never really did show any fear against anyone, not even grandfather. And, believe me, he had tried to keep her in control. Threaten to lock her up and all that.” I frowned, “As if he could…” I whispered as a certain memory filled my mind.

“Hunter… Hunter my brother…” I closed my eyes shut pushing away that memory like I have had for years. Then I took a deep breath as I calm myself down.

“Master Hunter?” I looked up the door along with everyone and saw Dean, Huntress’ head guard, stepped into my office. “We have found their location. They are in town,” he glanced at Tathiannah, “well, the Mistress is.”