Huntress

PHOTOS OF MR. & MRS. MATTHEWS, Father Robynn and Arnold ON THE SIDE >>>

I opened my eyes and sighed.

"Seriously Aengelle, are you planning to kill yourself?" Aengelicus snapped.

I sat up, "I'm trying to save my family-"

"That boy isn't family." he snapped again.

I shrugged, "Aengelicus, please, I'm tired. I don't want to have this argument again."

"Let her rest Aengelicus." I turned and saw Father Gabriel, "And you should too. I'll guard her."

"Guard her, hah!" Aengelicus says sarcastically, "She's too fool hardy to believe she needs to be guarded! Good luck with that." He then storms out of my room; I sighed again and shook my head.

"How are you feeling Aengelle?"

"Better." I forced a smile. "Thank you for asking."

He stifled a laugh. "Everyone's been assuming?"

I grinned, "Father Nathanael brought me fruits from the Tree of Life which I think he forced sweet Cherubiel to give him. So, yes, everyone's assuming."

 "Well, you can't blame then from worrying, can you?" Father Gabriel says, "You are dying..."

"Only in the mortal realm Father Gabriel." I said, sadly. "Where my family is."

"You and Aengelicus had helped them enough for tonight Aengelle." he sat beside me, "If it helps, I can go check on them as well."

"Thank you Father Gabriel, I would like that, if it isn't too much to ask."

He smiled and ran his hand through my hair, "You never ask for anything Aengelle, even from that grumpy father of yours." I stifled a laugh. "Is there anything else you’d like to ask to make this easier?"

I thought for a few seconds, "There is one thing..."

"Just a moment." A woman on the other side of the door says.

"I heard a few ruckus inside, finally the door opened.

"Huntress!" she greets and hugs me.

"Mother..." I whispered and hugged her back.

"C'mon in." she pulls me inside, "But please do hide your wings, O don't want anymore books on the floor."

"Understandable, seeing you can no longer see the floor." Aengelicus says as he hides his wings.

"Now really Aengelicus, such a grouch." mother teased.

"Forgive my son, Hannah, you know how he cannot hold his tongue." Gabriel says as he hides his wings as well, "You still look as graced by the Creator when I first saw you."

Hannah shook her head, "Well, if you are constantly surrounded by such beauty, I cannot help but try, can I?" Gabriel stifles a laugh and nods.

"Well, Hannah, you are exceeding most mortals who dwell in heaven. I can assure you that." Angjel adds following us inside hiding his wings and looking around. "You have been busy."

"You know I'm trying to forget of death and life, and these books help." she sighed and turns to me, "But seeing you four looking so beautiful and glorious..." she stared at me and tucked my hair behind my ear. Then she frowned, "Love, is something the matter?"

That was what I loved about my mother. Though I never grew up knowing her or her knowing me, she knows whenever there is something wrong, or if I have good news. She could have been a perfect mother, then none of us would be here.