Chapter 9

They've finally lost it! I knew that swamp wasn't for just anything! I rushed down the hall, in search of the two people responsible for this chaos, students were filling the halls as chaos ensued. 

"Where are they?!" 

I was turned on my heel as Pansy and Draco glowered at me, "what're you going on about?" 

"Fred and George Weasley, tell us where they are!" Pansy shouted at me. 

"I don't know what you mean," I shrugged. 

Draco groaned before rushing off, "this is all their fault!" No duh, Draco. 

I watched them rush down the hall just as two brooms zoomed by, neither one supporting a rider, I grinned before following them down the hall where a giant group of students were gathered. I tried to see over their heads as the brooms stopped in the middle of the commotion, damn I hate being short! I stomped my foot in frustration, oh well, may as well start walking back to the common room.  

"Kayley!" 

I looked behind me just as two hands grabbed my arms and I was swung on to a broom behind Fred, he flashed me a smile before zooming off. I held on tightly to his waist as we soared off before touching down at the edge of the forest. 

The boys had identical grins on their faces as they hugged me tightly. 

"I take it you're leaving," I stated flatly as they took a step back. The wall around my heart had shattered the other day after Fred kissed me...and since it was down, the stabbing pains of an oncoming panic attack ensued. But I would never let them see how much this pained me. 

"We'll write the second we're settled," Fred smiled. I gave a small smile. 

"Don't be like that, lovely. We'll write every week, promise," George reassured me. 

"We should be off," Fred said, he had a look of regret as he studied me. 

I gave him a tight hug and kissed his cheek before turning to George and doing the same. "I'll miss you two." 

"We'll miss you," they chorused with smiles. 

Quick, quick! Tell them! Say it now! I beat back the small voice in my mind, I couldn't do that to myself, I can't admit this. Not when they're leaving like this. Don't be weak! I willed myself. 

I closed my eyes and felt my hand being pulled into a broad chest, lips found mine, I kept my eyes closed. Knowing exactly who was kissing me. And I felt the urge to confess right there, confess that I had fallen held over heels. But I can't, I wouldn't. 

The lips left mine and both cheeks were kissed before I heard them mount their brooms, I looked at the ground. I didn't want to watch them fly off. Hands took mine and I felt myself positioned on a broom, the scent of grass and broom cleaner engulfing me as George wrapped his arms around me and gripped the handle in front of me.

"What're you doing?!" I exclaimed in shock as I turned to look at him.

"Did you honestly think we'd leave you behind?" George said in my ear, making the hairs on  my neck stand up. 

Fred looked slightly uneasy as he looked over his shoulder, "best be off before old toad face finds us." He pushed off from the ground without another word.

"Where are we heading then?!" I shouted. 

The twins shared a look but said nothing as we made our way over the country side, it was beautiful flying, more beautiful having George hold me as we-stop, stop, stop! I shouted in my head. I focused on the scenery as it passed instead of George's grip around me, I was getting stiff as we continued to fly, the Cleansweep wasn't exactly big for two people-let alone, a person with the body of a beater and a small girl.