Chapter 16

"What were you thinking?!" 

"You could've died!" 

"You gave me a heart attack!" 

"You nearly killed us all by that stunt!"

I rolled my eyes as the twins scolded me for the sixth time this morning, I was leaving from St. Mungo's to Hogsmeade where I'd be taken up to the castle to stay in the Hospital Wing later this day so now was the last chance the twins had to yell at me. 

"Don't roll your eyes at us!" George yelled. 

"We were going to get you!" Fred stated. 

"Look, I panicked and found my own way out. Why is this a big deal?" I stated in a bored voice. 

"Kay, you were unconscious for a week! Term has already started back up," George stated. 

"Since when did you care?" I looked at him a bit shocked. 

"I care that you almost died." How sweet. 

"I took matters into my own hands, is that so bad?" 

"Yes it is, you jumped three stories, Kayley. Don't you see the problem?!" Fred said. 

"Boys, I'm fine! Honestly!" 

"You two can stop pestering my patient for the day, she's in good hands." My healer walked in a smile on his face as he placed a bottle of a vile looking potion beside me. 

"She's alright, isn't she?" Fred asked. 

"Suffered a concussion, and two shattered ankles and a broken leg along with...several broken ribs and a broken wrist and second degree burns. You're lucky you're alive, Miss Sorrin," my healer said firmly. 

I looked at the boys, they looked amazed and slightly ticked at me. "Now I'm only allowing you to return to school because you'll be fine there. You'll need about a month or two to recover-" 

"A month?!"

"Be happy you're alive."

Shit. There goes my mission, I sighed and leaned into my pillows, I looked to my nightstand and saw a vase of brilliant flowers. 

"Wait, where's my aunt Marcy?" I looked around, it was strange. She was my guardian and I was brutally injured, this was the part where she was supposed to appear. I noticed the twins share a look as George shook his head, Fred gave a nod. 

"We don't know, haven't seen her," Fred admitted. Where was she? I suddenly felt nervous, she was always there when I got hurt.... Why did the twins look so uneasy with my question? 

"I'm going to give you fresh bandages today and make sure you're healthy enough to be moved," the healer said with a smile. "You two can leave, she's perfectly fine." 

The twins looked at me with concern, not wanting to leave my side. "I'm fine, you two!" 

George looked determined to stay but Fred touched his arm, "we want an owl the second you're there," Fred stated. 

"Of course," I smiled. 

Fred nodded, "we'd give you a hug...but we're afraid we'd hurt you." George nodded beside him.

I grinned, "I understand, go back to your shop." 

The twins waved and pushed through the door as my healer began to unwrap my ankles, "now. You're drinking Skele-grow twice a day to help with your bones and a sleeping potion, and a draught of peace to keep you calm during your healing." 

"Sounds fantastic," I said grimly, I remembered the taste of skele-grow...it was awful. 

"Just relax and I'll have you fixed up in no time," he smiled.