Chapter 3

*Kayley's POV*

George Weasley kissed me, George Weasley kissed...me. 

"Why does life have to be so annoying?!" 

People were staring as I made my way through the common room like a deranged animal, well I was slightly deranged. So it was half accurate. 

"What's going on?" Harry asked as I sat beside him.

"Oh nothing..." I stammered. 

Harry and Ron looked at me with raised eyebrows as I began biting my fingernails, the boys sharing looks but not saying anything.

 I scowled as I crossed my arms, "do you know what-" 

"Oi, Kayley you up for a game of exploding snap?" Seamus cut in, scowling at Harry as he waited for my answer. 

"A bit busy at the moment, Seamus, but maybe later," I tried my best to smile as he looked taken back before sulking off. 

"I suggest you go to your dormitory...or the library," Ron said as he handed me a chocolate frog. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Without the twins around and you looking as...well...you, Seamus won't be the only guy to come over here," Ron elaborated. 

He was right too, Fred and George were basically charms that made sure that every guy not set foot near me unless I wanted to talk. Looks like I'll be fending for myself from now on after what just happened.

"You're right well...I'll just try to remain hidden," I commented before moving closer to Harry and slinking down into the couch. The boys looked doubtful as I started asking about quidditch. 

"Kayley maybe-" 

"No, I'm not going to my dormitory so quit it will you?" I snapped. Harry raised an eyebrow while Ron coughed slightly. 

"Do you care to go talk about...whatever it is that's got your wand in a knot?" Ron offered. 

I took a deep breath, "everything is fine!" They exchanged concerned looks, but knowing me and my will to keep things to myself, they knew better than to pry anymore.

"There you are!" 

I jumped while putting a hand to my mouth, no way was I going to scream as Fred looked triumphant. 

"Oi, that's no fair. We said no use of the common room," Fred frowned slightly. 

"I thought you forgot about me so I headed back," I shrugged, noticing how George wasn't meeting my gaze as he stood beside Fred. 

Did Fred know? Worst off, what did he think? Not that I cared so much, I just didn't want to lose my best friends.

"We could never forget about you," George commented, still averting his gaze.

My heart quickened as I looked to Fred, I couldn't let this get to me. It wasn't worth it. 

"How about I go get some snacks from the kitchens to make up for this?" Fred offered. 

"Actually I think I'll go to bed, it's getting late." 

The twins looked at each other, "It's only eleven." 

"And we both have classes in the morning, so good night you two," I tried my best to smile as I walked pass them to the stairs. 

Thankfully Hermione and Ginny were sitting in the dormitory alone, when I walked in, I collided into Hermione's side and squeezed her tightly before straightening up.