Chapter 5

"Just follow me Ms. Sorin, everything will be fine." 

I nodded once, too nervous to speak as I walked through the winding halls until I was ushered into a small office. 

"Now, just sit right here and I'll place the hat on your head." 

I silently listened and jumped onto the stool, watching the dimly lit room disappear as the hat was placed on my head. 

"Ah, you're intelligent I see and cunning...but, I see that you have a source of confidence hidden within you...my choice will do you well in life. GRYFFINDOR!" 

I jumped off the stool and looked up at the older witch expectantly, she smiled."You'll be in my house then." 

"Um...professor?" Is that what I was supposed to call her, I had no idea! "Am I going in with second years or first years?" I asked quietly. 

"You'll be going in with first years, dear. We don't want to scare you off now do we?" she smiled comfortingly. "Now I must be off but I'll take you to-" 

"The owlerly, that's where I'd like to go first," I looked at her nervously, uncertain if she'd listen to me. 

"Of course," she said with a nod before telling me exactly how to get there along with how to get to Gryffindor tower. I smiled and thanked her before rushing off towards the owlerly. 

I needed to tell my mother and father about the house I was sorted in, I promised my mother a letter the moment I was sorted. She was always so proud of me for being accepted, always going on that I'll be in Ravenclaw just like her. I hope she isn't disappointed in me, but dad was a Gryffindor himself, so maybe everything will be fine. I rifled through my purse that I had hidden under my robes for my pen and parchment before quickly writing a letter for my mother, tomorrow I'd write another one after all my classes, which I had promised for my father. 

Now I needed to find the Gryffindor common room, I was so excited about my sorting that I completely forgot where I was going. The welcome feast that professor McGonagall had mentioned seemed to be over as there were students moving around here or there-all much older than me, and not very pleasant when asked for help. 

"Looks like we have a wandering first year." 

"Poor girl." 

I froze, the voices sounded friendly enough, but I was still nervous. What if they took advantage of the fact that I'm new and tricked me and got me so lost that-deep breath Kay. You're a lion now! Too bad I don't feel like one. I turned around to see two identical boys smiling at me, they both had flaming red hair, one had blue eyes and the other had brown. 

"Poor thing, I don't think she can speak." 

"Must be our charming good looks." 

They both cracked up at that to which I gave a small smile, the one on the left took a step closer to me, "I'm Fred Weasley and that's George Weasley." His smile was goofy and confident as I noticed a lion on his robes. He must be in Gryffindor. 

"N-n-nice to meet you," I stuttered, my face turning a brilliant red. Come on, Kayley! You're a Gryffindor now, stop your nervous ticks, these students will eat you up! 

The boys looked at each other before walking forward and putting an arm on either side of me, if I were nervous before I was near hysterics now as they led me towards moving stairs. 

"Would you like us to help you find your way to your house?" I think George asked. 

I looked up at them, they must be a foot taller than me, "I-I-I-I I'm in...." I shook my head, tears threatened to spill. I wasn't always like this, but everything was new and I was frightened!