Chapter 21

"Arthur, there's something going on at Hogwarts." Kingsley appeared in the doorway of Mr. Weasley's office as I placed down our coffees for the evening. 

"Alright, well. Better shove off then, come on Kayley," I followed the two men without a word. We apparated straight to the front gates. The dark mark was high in the sky above the astronomy tower. I put my hands over my mouth and began to shake, Mr. Weasley placed his arm around my shoulders and we were off up the grounds and into the halls. 

Death Eaters were attacking and Draco was running toward me, he looked at me shocked when he saw me. I knew in an instant that this was his fault, I ran after him as he passed, grabbing his robes in my hands and thrusting him to the ground. 

"Just kill me," Draco seethed, "death would be better than where I'm going." 

I shook my head, "I will never kill you." 

Draco struggled so that he was standing and out of my grasp, "I'm sorry," he was crying. 

"What did you do?" I asked calmly as we looked at each other. 

"You know what I did, little cat," Draco scoffed, "and don't deny it! I know it was you. I figured it out at Slughorn's party."

I nodded, "yes I was. I was that cat you almost killed." 

Draco let out a choked sob and pulled me into a tight hug, "don't get caught. Run. Run like fucking hell. Your aunt's death, everyone's death. They're going to get you." He pulled away, he was telling the truth, "they'll kill you if they get you." 

He turned over his shoulder and wiped his nose, "stay hidden. Do you understand?" 

I nodded, he hugged me again, "I'm glad to see you...one last time...I'll miss you," he whispered in my ear before running off. 

I stood there in complete shock. My feet only started moving after I closed my eyes and walking up the hill and through the castle. 

"Kayley," Lupin said a bit shocked at my arrival, I nodded, "come on. Let's go, they're all in the Hospital Wing." 

"Was anyone really hurt?" I whispered as we walked. 

"Bill Weasley was attacked by Fenrir," I cringed and we fell silent after that. When we entered the Hospital Wing the trio was there. 

They stood up and pulled out their wands, pointing them at me, I closed my eyes and sighed as Ginny walked forward. She was small, but her punch to the face left a huge mark. 

I hung my head and rubbed my cheek, feeling my jaw crack. 

"What do you think you're doing here?" Ginny glared. 

"I was here to--" 

"You knew we didn't want you here. Thought that was obvious." 

"As part of the Or--"

"We don't want to hear it get out." 

"I am part of the Order--" 

"We said get out!" 

I pulled out my wand, sending sparks from the tip at the floor by my feet. "Shut up. Just shut the hell up! I am a part of the Order of the Phoenix, we were called here and I answered the call. You don't like it then shut up and deal with it, the lot of you." 

"We told you never to show your face again," Ginny growled. 

"Well, sweetie, that's going to be difficult since I'm going to be at that wedding and the Burrow constantly," I hissed.