Chapter 38

Author's Note: 

   So here's the thing: Chapter 36 with all the drama and the moment where you realize that I'm rather evil, but you'll still (hopefully) be reading this story because you just wanna know the ending. Yeah...that Chaper was SUPPOSED TO BE THE LAST ONE. If you remember the VERY frist chapter, our Kayley is walking with Voldy and she gets tortured and all that jazz? That was THAT part in chapter 36, you made a full circle (yay!) and she was actually meant to die. 

    Only reason why that didn't happen was because a few people would murder me for it...literally, they would find me and murder me! (not that I blame them. I totally would if I were the reader not the writer of this story) 

      I just wanted to let you know of my evil plan which didn't happen and to tell you: THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR READING!! I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT THIS STORY WOULD GET SO MANY READS AND COMMENTS...Honestly, I came up with the plot line while walking to my dorm room from lunch in the pouring rain! 

    So thank you very much and enjoy ;) 

~*~*~

"When was the last time you left this room?" 

I looked at Percy, raising an eyebrow, "an hour ago to use the loo." 

Percy smiled slightly, looking over at Kayley's still form, they'd just undid her bandages on her arms and leg informing that the wounds were fully healed. The torso would take about another month but all signs pointed to recovery. As for the coma...it was hard to tell. She'd been inflicted with so much poison from the snake bites that healers were astounded that she survived at all with the amount of bites she had. 

"She'll wake up, any day," I murmured. 

"Before then, when have you left?" He questioned. 

I sighed, "does that really matter?" 

"Just worried about you, have you gone home or--" 

"Perce, I love you and everything...but...are you here to make up for those years you were forgetting you even had a family?" 

Percy began to stammer, his face turning red before he stood up, "I'm trying to be your brother. I know I was a prat when we were in school and still possibly am to you, but I'm trying to help." 

I sighed and leaned into my chair, rubbing my face gruffly, "I haven't gone home." 

"In how long?" 

I looked him dead in the eyes and frowned, "she's been here a month and a half now and so have I." 

Percy nodded, "that's what I thought. Come on. Let's get you some air." 

"I'm not leaving," I protested. 

Percy wiped his forehead, "please do this, George? If not me then because I'm asking for her?" He motioned to Kayley. 

I got to my feet and nodded, "now let's get something to eat." 

 ~*~*~ 

There was a thump from somewhere, I jumped from my seat and saw Draco holding some flowers and a card, he looked at me slightly amused. 

"Lovely nap?" He smirked. 

"Why're you here?" I growled. 

"Kayley is my friend and I came to check on her," Draco shrugged. 

"She's been here for four months now and you're now just coming here?" 

Draco shrugged, "is this all you've been doing with yourself? Trying to grow a patchy beard and sit on your arse?" I scratched my beard slightly and glared at him, "now I see why your joke shop is still closed." 

I looked away from him as he placed the flowers on the windowsill, "have you ever heard that muggle saying that a watched pot never cooks or something weird like that?" Draco turned around, folding his arms across his chest waiting for me to answer,  when I didn't he sighed. "yeah....I don't know it well, but I remember Kayley saying it a few times....Anyway, staying here and watching Kayley every second you get isn't good for you or her." 

"What do you suggest I do then, ferret?" 

Draco shrugged, "hell if I know. But sitting there every minute of every day for the past four months isn't the way to go." 

 I rolled my eyes, "is she getting any better?" Draco questioned, he looked genuinely worried. 

"The healers said she was improving but...the amount of snake venom in her body was enough to kill her and the fact that she apparated was not smart in the slightest," I said like a robot. 

Draco nodded, "well, I'll be going..." He looked at me and stopped walking, "if you sit around its only going to take longer." He left the room without a word, I glared at the flowers. 

Normally I would've trashed them but they were from Draco...I hated the prat more than anything, but I know he saved Kayley months back...I couldn't do that to those, not like I did with any other's that appeared. I looked over Kayley's bed, rubbing my head and kicking at the floor. Stupid ferret. 

 I should listen to him, I looked awful, I only left this room for two hours maximum to shower at Bill's because it was the safest place for my sanity. I haven't returned home and I stayed far away from the Burrow. There was no way I could ever walk back in there. Where would I go? the Burrow broke my heart and there was no possible way I could walk through my flat without falling to the ground in pain. I rubbed my chest slightly as my heart twitched from the pain it was experiencing. 

It was easier to stay here beside Kayley, at least I knew she was there in front of me, I leaned my head back taking a deep breath. I could leave...for just two hours...it'll be alright..But a giant pit in my stomach told me it was a huge mistake. 

"We'll watch her, go and get some rest and clean yourself up," I jumped when Ron appeared with Hermione and Harry standing beside him. "Go on, George." 

I stood up slightly, "an hour tops." 

Ron gave a small smile, "whenever you feel like coming back is fine, George." 

I looked back to Kayley and nodded, not feeling certain that leaving her alone was brilliant...but Ron and Harry forced me out. Even apparating me to Bill's so that I couldn't turn back. 

"We set up a small room for you, mate," Bill greeted when he opened the door for me. "Just in case you wanted a nap." 

"Thank you...for all of this," I smiled. 

Bill ruffled my hair slightly and chuckled, "course, mate. This is what family does."

I took a shower in their small bathroom before walking to the room they'd left me, on the night stand sat a cup of tea, I took a few sips and suddenly felt myself getting tired. I was asleep in minutes...