A Mothers Love

==================TIME SKIP==================

ALICE POV:

It took us a while but we finally made it to the festival, watching as the sun finally sets over the horizon, listening to the traditional music playing in the background as people talked, danced and watched as their children ran around holding streamers, masks and colourful ribbons playing Hero or simply chasing each other, "So James what do you think? Cool isn't it?" I ask him as I look down watching as his eyes continue to widen in wonder as he watches everything around him, "James?" I call again chuckling as he doesn't respond, as he begins sniffing the air, "Come on let's go get something to eat," I continue as James Finally responds, bouncing up and down as best he can in his new clothes, "Slow down there bud, the food isn't going anywhere," Nemuri jokes as she starts laughing.

"But it smells so good," James calls out in a trance, drool leaking from his mouth as we get closer to a slightly busy ramen vendor, "Delicious ramen, gyoza and takoyaki... fresh and ready to eat," One of the workers calls out as he notices us walking towards the stall, "Ah welcome, welcome, what can I get for you lovely ladies?" He asks before noticing James peaking his head over the table, watching the cooks in the background, "And you young master, what would you like to eat?" He asks once more gaining the attention of James, "Huh? oh ... um what are they making?" He asks looking between the worker and cooks, "They are making the most delicious ramen, gyoza and takoyaki this side of the city," He replies earning a chuckle from me as James tilts his head in confusion, "Sorry, It's his first time here," I explain to the cook as he looks towards me, eyes wide in understanding and slight surprise, "Oh I see," He pauses before turning back to James, "Well we are going to have to fix that," He pauses once more before turning to the head cook, "Kai One order of Ramen, gyoza and Takoyaki for the young master here."

"How about you lovely Ladies? Anything I can get you?" He asks once more turning towards us with a friendly smile as James starts jumping around in excitement, "Just a ramen for me please," I respond turning to Nemuri who then gave her order before attempting to take out my purse, "Please there is no need for that Ma'am, this one is on the house," He says causing me to look up at him in surprise, "I-I couldn't do that, How much is it?" I ask again as I find my wallet and prepare myself to take out the money, "Like I said Ma'am This one is on the house, Consider our welcoming gift to the young Master here," he replies giving us a warm and friendly smile causing James to jump around even more before I place a hand on his shoulder making him stop.

"I-I don't know what to say ... Thank you," I respond after a few seconds before my surprise turns into a smile, "James What do we say to the Lovely man," I continue, looking towards a still drooling James, "T-thank you sir," He stutters as the divine smell of our food fills the air as he hands us our orders while placing a white and gold fox mask on top, "Consider this a Gift as well, A much better memento than food for his first festival here," He smiles once again as I smile back, "Again Thank you, you are too kind, Have a great night" I reply as I nod in farewell, Nemuri doing the same as James waves before following me to an empty bench, covered in decorations, "What a delicious Aroma, I'm glad we went there sis," Nemuri comments out of the blue as she nudges my side with her elbow.

"Yeah he was nice and the food smells even better, come on you too, I know just the place," I replied as I slowly sped up watching as James easily stayed by my side but leaving an annoyed Nemuri in the dust, "Hey that's not fair, how are you moving so fast in that?" She yells out as we continue ahead of her, easily weaving in between other festival goers, "You're gonna have to catch up and find out, Hahaha" I laughed, turning my head towards her, as she starts waving her fist in the air though it didn't last long when out of nowhere a red lighting like beam appeared from around the corner hitting a building before it burst into flames, with the force of the explosion pushing the three of us to the floor and into a small roll.