XIV

Bruce's car pulled up in front of Vance Hopper's house. Bruce had never seen Vance's house before and it surprised him a bit when he saw how pretty the outside was, it had a tiny garden in the front and light blue accents on the exterior, it seemed like a happy home.

He never knew the secrets lying inside but he found it amusing that tough Pinball Vance Hopper lived in a cute house.

Bruce got out of the car, walking to the front door. He knocked a few times and waited patiently until it opened. Vance had opened the door, a bag in one hand and his appearance looking different than Bruce had ever seen.

Because of the heat, Vance had been wearing his hair up but he always took it down before he would see Bruce but today he kept it up, he didn't have his jean vest on just a white tank top and even though it shouldn't have, Bruce had to look away before his face could heat up.

Vance stepped out, closing his door behind him.

"Thanks for coming with us." Bruce said as they walked down the front steps.

"Yeah, whatever." Vance breathed out.

Bruce invited Vance to his tournament, he wasn't going to because it was just one day, but Amy brought it up that couples usually attend each others stuff. Bruce didn't expect Vance to come but here he was, opening the door for Bruce to sit in the middle beside Amy.

Bruce wasn't too excited for this hour car drive with his father and Vance in one car, all he could hope for was that his father would lay off just this once.

Bruce had a game that evening after school, Vance had gone to it but Bruce had noticed that he didn't stay long as Finney and Robin arrived.

That was another thing he had to hear about from his father, he had noticed them there and Bruce had gotten an earful the same way he did during that dinner with Billy.

Bruce could still smell his body wash from his shower and he couldn't help but think maybe Vance would find the smell feminine as he liked the lavender scents.

-

The car ride had been pretty quiet, Bruce's mother had started random conversations that his father did not participate in. Amy had tried to make fun of Bruce for blushing if his leg touched Vance's but he would just ignore her or say it was from the heat of the car.

Vance and Bruce would exchange tiny whispers about random things, such as Vance leaning over to whisper how he thought Bruce would own a tiny two seat car such as one that was driving past them.

Or Bruce leaning over to whisper how he thought a scarf would compliment Vance's look and have him ending up like Barbie or Ken, causing Vance to slap his leg.

The car pulled up to the hotel at around eleven o'clock. Bruce's mother had told them that they booked two rooms, one with two beds for Amy and the boys to share and one just for them.
She had told Amy that their father booked it and wanted Amy in the room to make sure nothing was happening between the boys at night.

They rolled their suitcases into the room and as soon at the door shut, Vance began his spur of complains, as if he never shared a bed with Bruce before.

"Shut up." Amy groaned, throwing her bag on the bed that she claimed by the window. "It's for two nights dude, you'll be fine."

"That's two too many." He rolled his eyes. "You get the wall, Bruce." Bruce had already figured that especially from last time when he learned Vance was a bed hog and these were twin size.

They took turns using the washroom to get ready for bed, and as soon as he hit the mattress, Bruce's eyes felt heavy and he just wanted to sleep.

Amy had flicked off the lights and he felt the bed dip slightly as Vance got in beside him. Bruce had a small bed, but this was definitely smaller, their arms brushed as Vance laid on his back.

Bruce watched as his eyes adjusted to the darkness as Vance sat up slightly to position pillows between them. Bruce wanted to scoff as if they weren't possibly cuddling a few weeks ago. He had a feeling it was because Amy was there.

"What are you doing?" Bruce whispered into the darkness as he felt a pillow pushed against his hip.

"Making sure nothing happens tonight." Vance whispered back and Bruce could hear a tiny giggle come from Amy's direction.

Bruce turned uncomfortably onto his side, basically spooning the pillows.

Bruce had pushed Vance a lot during the first few minutes, deciding he wasn't going to be pushed against the wall that night.

"Move, you're taking the whole bed." Bruce complained, his voice quiet in case Amy was quick to fall asleep.

"Then go sleep on the floor." Vance groaned back, pushing the pillows further into Bruce. Bruce kept quiet and a few minutes later, he could tell Vance had fallen asleep, his heavy breaths filling the room along with the soft snores of Amy.

-

Bruce looked at the alarm clock that sat in between the beds. It was one am. Bruce hadn't slept a bit, he was exhausted and tired but he was so uncomfortable. He could barely see Amy but he knew she was comfortable since he had heard her blanket fall off around midnight.

Vance had been snoring and at some point Bruce had kicked him to try and shut him up, only causing a few incoherent words to flow from Vance's mouth sleepily before he felt a soft kick back.

But this was one thing that Bruce was hoping to not happen that night.

Vance had rolled over, his arm laying across Bruce's chest, his head resting on the pillow barricade he had created.

Bruce knew his face was hot, he could feel the heat, but his body was tense as his eyes stared at the ceiling. He could feel Vance's breath softly across his face and Bruce didn't want to know how close they would be if he turned over.

But he did anyway, he felt Vance's breath now cascade over his lips and he wanted to scream, not in terror or discomfort but because he didn't know the emotions going through his body right now, all he knew was that his face was hot and he was way too close to Vance.

He quickly turned his head away to be able to breath, he had been holding his breath as if Vance would know they were too close if he breathed too much.

Bruce closed his eyes, hoping that he could fall asleep and it would all go away as if it never happened. But he urged to turn over and cuddle with him too.

His body wanted to roll over, to wrap his arms around Vance and pretend it happened when he didn't know. He didn't know what was happening, he shouldn't be wanting to do that with someone he wasn't actually with.

But he did anyway.

He turned over, Vance's arm moving to rest against his arm now, and Bruce slowly wrap his arm around Vance's waist, knowing that if this was at a different time, Vance would've punched him. But he slowly moved closer, closing his eyes as he felt the pillows smushed between them.

He tensed as Vance moved, his arm falling off Bruce as he turned to his back again, his right arm now going over Bruce in an uncomfortable way.

Bruce cursed himself as he was becoming more risky with his moves, but he gently picked up Vance's wrist, sitting himself up to rest Vance's arm on his pillow. He stared down, before looking over at Amy, thinking about the morning.

He laid himself down on Vance's arm, his head resting gently on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around Vance's torso again, and he felt shivers as Vance's other arm slowly came up to rub Bruce's arm. His eyes fluttered shut at the smooth feeling of Vance's thumb on his arm and it didn't clue in to him that Vance must've been awake.

He felt Vance's fingers gently rubbing circles along his arms and soon he was taken over by sleep just as he wanted.

Amy had laughed at them the moment she woke up.

-

This was cute in my head so I hoped this turned out the way I hoped. <3