Chapter 27: The Unexpected

Narrator's POV

It had been three days since Camila was discharged from the hospital. Camila returned to her house instead of her parents' house. Her father and mother would take turns staying at her place to keep her under watch. She told their parents to leave her alone, but they insisted to accompany her. Camila did not ask further and let her parents do what they wanted. Dinah wanted to support Camila as well, so she told Camila's parents that she would stay at Camila's for the weekend. They agreed. So, here Dinah was at Camila's place for the first weekend.

"Mila... can we ask Marco to prepare my favorite food during my stay?" Dinah asked Camila when she arrived on Saturday morning. Dinah wanted to cheer Camila up, so she did her best to be cheerful and playful instead of showing her sad face when she looked at her sorrowful best friend.

Camila smiled thinly. Forgot about laughing, Camila hardly smiled since the incident. Dinah was the only one who could cheer her up a little bit, "do what you wish, D!" She said and settled on the sofa and turned on the tv.

"Yay! Is he here yet?" Dinah asked if Camila's cook had arrived today.

"I think so." Camila heard her father talking to someone earlier, but she was not sure if it was Marco.

"Can I borrow your phone? I will text him." Dinah said.

"Yeah..." Camila looked at her phone on the coffee table before looking back at the screen, searching for something to watch.

"Passcode?" Dinah asked.

"4327," Camila answered.

Dinah typed in the passcode. Camila was expressionless, but Dinah guessed Lauren crossed her best friend's mind. Dinah was a bit taken aback to see Camila and Lauren's picture on the home screen of Camila's phone. It was more saddening than surprising.

"Do you want him to cook something special for you?" Dinah texted Marco.

"No." Camila did not bother about what she had for meals since she made the second mistake.

"Okay... he's in the kitchen." Dinah put Camila's phone back on the coffee table and stood up, "I will be right back." She went to the kitchen to greet Marco.

.

Dinah rejoined Camila on the sofa. She sat next to Camila and looked at her.

"Feeling better?" Dinah asked full of concern.

"Yeah..." Camila smiled thinly. She knew Dinah truly loved and cared about her. Dinah did not even judge her for committing suicide. "Are you still seeing Normani?" Camila wondered if they talked about her and Lauren.

"Yes." Dinah looked at Camila, who looked out of the window, spacing out.

Camila wondered if Lauren had learned about the news that her ex-girlfriend trying to end her life. Camila was still staying away from social media and news, but she knew for sure her news was out there from how she was restricted and told to stay away from the media.

"She wanted to come and visit you, but she's not sure..." Dinah said.

Camila frowned, "about what?" Camila's voice was weak and small. If Normani knew about it, it was likely Lauren knew about it, too.

"That you're okay with it," Dinah answered.

"Yeah... I'm not ready... to meet people." Camila was taking a long break following her parents' and her psychiatrist's suggestion. She started the year with a long break, taking a break from her career, people, and the media. Camila wanted to know how Lauren was doing. She was thinking about how to ask Dinah.